Washing up liquid (dish soap)

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
12:21 AM
At the moment we are using Fairy liquid, despite the hype I do not rate it at all, it goes 'flat' really quickly.
Sainsburys own brand is far better and will return to it once this bottle is empty.

Reactions: mjd
I don't know what brand it is, but we mail order a handful of "ecologically responsible" cleaning supplies, mainly because they don't test on animals, and one of those is their washing-up liquid (what we'd call dish soap here in the US).

Fairy is actually owned by...Proctor & Gamble, headquartered about 30 minutes from my house.

What washing up liquid ? I don't even know how to load the dish washer never mind buy the stuff that goes into it.

• Lol or Haha
What washing up liquid ? I don't even know how to load the dish washer never mind buy the stuff that goes into it.

I think "washing up liquid" refers to the soap one uses to wash dishes by hand. In the US, we call it "dish soap" which is often a liquid. Detergent for a dishwasher can be a thick liquid but comes in tablets or powders as well.

I think "washing up liquid" refers to the soap one uses to wash dishes by hand. In the US, we call it "dish soap" which is often a liquid. Detergent for a dishwasher can be a thick liquid but comes in tablets or powders as well.
Oh thats what it is.

I use anti-dandruff shampoo. Guaranteed to clean any thing oily and greasy.

I use anti-dandruff shampoo. Guaranteed to clean any thing oily and greasy.

I knew someone that used shampoo for dishes sometimes. I've done the reverse. I put my bag of laundry in a closet area I use as a pantry and didn't realize a bottle of cooking oil was leaking. I used Dawn (good for breaking down grease) in the wash. It took two times but it worked.

Title amended to include 'dish soap'.

I use whatever is cheapest but I don't use it very often. I can't recall the last time I filled the sink with suds. Everything goes in the dishwasher. Occasional I'll rinse out a pan by with a bit of washing up liquid if its not very dirty.

Morning Glory, I'm the opposite. I don't have a dishwasher now so I have to wash by hand. Even when I had one, there were things that wouldn't go in (ie. cast iron, good knives, large stock pots, etc.).

Morning Glory, I'm the opposite. I don't have a dishwasher now so I have to wash by hand. Even when I had one, there were things that wouldn't go in (ie. cast iron, good knives, large stock pots, etc.).

Ah - I forgot cast iron. I have a couple of small cast iron baking dishes and do wash those. Good knives I rinse off under the tap.

Ah - I forgot cast iron. I have a couple of small cast iron baking dishes and do wash those. Good knives I rinse off under the tap.
Afternoon Glory, this is all to technical for me. Mrs OCD Blank deals with these sort of things after I have gone to sleep. I must say I do like it when she forgets to take her marigolds off when she joins me.

I refuse to use anything other than Fairy. It does a good job at washing grease and it's also great for cleaning stains on clothes; even blood stains! For dealing with grease that is super difficult to remove, I use Mistolin (unsure if it's sold outside of Portugal, maybe it's sold under other names)
1607344376850.png

In the US, I'm sure Dawn is the top brand. It is VERY good at dealing with grease. It is also the most expensive brand.

CD

Back
Top Bottom