We have company

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
3:17 PM
Daughters partner has moved on at a bad time. Her house she rented has been sold. She needs a hip replacement at 45. Long story short she needs to come home for a month or so until she can go back to teaching. So her and mr 6 are coming home. Luckily we have all downstairs free so heaps of room. So now I'm cooking for 4, not 2. Nothing wrong with that, we all help each other out. I guess I'm not alone here as i know morning glory family have recently moved out.
She's embarrassed at coming home but knows it's for the best. I need to get her into her own home. I'll sort that out later.
Anyone else got family staying??

Russ

Yes, since 2014 and it has changed the way we live completely. No more spur of the moment trips, my walls and wood work are destroyed from a 86 year old in a wheel chair not to mention it is like having a child which, as I said before, was never in my plans. Having said all that, it's the least I can do for the great woman that raised me. We all have to adjust and I feel fortunate that we are able to give her peace of mind And a place to live that isn't a commercial care facility.

Yes, since 2014 and it has changed the way we live completely. No more spur of the moment trips, my walls and wood work are destroyed from a 86 year old in a wheel chair not to mention it is like having a child which, as I said before, was never in my plans. Having said all that, it's the least I can do for the great woman that raised me. We all have to adjust and I feel fortunate that we are able to give her peace of mind And a place to live that isn't a commercial care facility.

That is so good that you are doing this for your Mum. :okay: I'm not sure I could be so selfless. My Mum lived independently until she died despite the fact she was blind (was blind since before I was born). She was fiercely independent - but she didn't have dementia. That is a different ball game. My partner is in the early stages so I guess I'll have to deal with it.

You deserve a medal. Here we can get two weeks respite where your relative can go to a facility so you get a break. I hope you get similar. I looked after my mum until she passed away unexpectantly. Not physical like you but she had the best of home comforts etc.

Russ

That is so good that you are doing this for your Mum. :okay: I'm not sure I could be so selfless. My Mum lived independently until she died despite the fact she was blind (was blind since before I was born). She was fiercely independent - but she didn't have dementia. That is a different ball game. My partner is in the early stages so I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Sorry to hear this, wife's friend suffered it for about 8 years, it's not good.

Russ

Thank you MG and Rascal for your support and kind words.

MG, dementia is cruel .... my Dad suffered from it. He still knew us till the end but thought he was 28 years old and still in the navy. Thankfully, we have a wonderful veteran's facility nearby with a memory care unit and he was able to live out his last years there with Mom being able to visit as she wished (and we could transport her). His nurses and aides became extended family. Just remember it's not about selflessness - it's all about what each one of us can do without causing detriment to our own well being.

Rascal, your daughter is fortunate to have a Dad that will lend a hand and offer support. Not everyone is that fortunate. I wish the best for your daughter.

Thank you MG and Rascal for your support and kind words.

MG, dementia is cruel .... my Dad suffered from it. He still knew us till the end but thought he was 28 years old and still in the navy. Thankfully, we have a wonderful veteran's facility nearby with a memory care unit and he was able to live out his last years there with Mom being able to visit as she wished (and we could transport her). His nurses and aides became extended family. Just remember it's not about selflessness - it's all about what each one of us can do without causing detriment to our own well being.

Rascal, your daughter is fortunate to have a Dad that will lend a hand and offer support. Not everyone is that fortunate. I wish the best for your daughter.

Thanks for your thoughts, my daughter is a tough girl, she's so up for a challenge so I know she's going to be ok. She's just gutted she wasted 15 years, on a cheater.

Russ

Just remember it's not about selflessness - it's all about what each one of us can do without causing detriment to our own well being.

That is a very sensible statement. I'll keep it in mind when things get difficult.
Thanks for your thoughts, my daughter is a tough girl, she's so up for a challenge so I know she's going to be ok. She's just gutted she wasted 15 years, on a cheater.

Russ

She is lucky to have such a brilliant Dad. I'm sure she will be OK. Sometimes the things that seems to be a disaster turn up new beginnings. Now I sound like a worn out phrase from rubbish magazine. 'New beginnings' is a tautology! :oops:

Believe me the partner was a disaster, but she's moving on quite quickly. Once her hips done she will be alright. We need to set her up in her own place. Living in rentals isn't the answer. We've shifted them 5 times since the quakes. Mostly at our expense.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom