Weather forecasts !!!!

sidevalve

Guru
Local time
5:18 AM
Forecast for heavy rain here in the north east of UK - thunder the lot - call off planned BBQ for saturday.
Result - dry and warm [ok maybe a bit cloudy] all day.
I HATE weather forecasts:mad:

Forecast for heavy rain here in the north east of UK - thunder the lot - call off planned BBQ for saturday.
Result - dry and warm [ok maybe a bit cloudy] all day.
I HATE weather forecasts:mad:
Your were supposed to be getting what we had in SE England yesterday. The storm was pretty impressive but really short lived and not as bad as forecast. I HATE forecasts too!

Light rain this morning and that was it.
Slightly cooler today, only 25°C, and overcast.

Tip for when you can expect it to rain and/or the weather to get worse. Whites will appear to be too white, and car headlights get whiter.(when not viewed through glass. Some windows have tints.) The more you see with whiter lights the better the chance of rain.

Tip for when you can expect it to rain and/or the weather to get worse. Whites will appear to be too white, and car headlights get whiter.(when not viewed through glass. Some windows have tints.) The more you see with whiter lights the better the chance of rain.
I've always used the if it had gone really dark and starts to get lighter, it's about to rain (caveat shoplifters to daylight hours only and not dawn!) Plus the rain at seven dry by eleven rule!.
When camping if it's raining when the alarm goes of, add an hour and go back to sleep. Repeat until either hunger, bladder or the rain gives up.

I've got a old ships storms glass ,that is as much use as looking out the window,i never let the weather stop me going out ,though i never start a cycle ride in the rain if i can help it but often ride in the rain, as they say red at night shepards delight and red in the morning shepards warning..

I've got a old ships storms glass ,that is as much use as looking out the window,i never let the weather stop me going out ,though i never start a cycle ride in the rain if i can help it but often ride in the rain, as they say red at night shepards delight and red in the morning shepards warning..
Are your windows open near it though?

I've noticed its often really sunny first thing and then clouds over. Don't understand that. Also, has anyone noticed that recently even when its sunny (here in UK) there most often seems to be annoying cool or cold wind?

I've noticed its often really sunny first thing and then clouds over. Don't understand that. Also, has anyone noticed that recently even when its sunny (here in UK) there most often seems to be annoying cool or cold wind?
What's "First Thing" though/
What's the area you live in like, Flat or on a hillside/hilltop. Any rivers nearby?

What's "First Thing" though/
What's the area you live in like, Flat or on a hillside/hilltop. Any rivers nearby?
Ha ha. Well, first thing for me isn't that early. I mean weather often stays good up until 10-ish in the morning. Maidstone, Kent, where I live, is in a sort of bowl in the landscape. The river Medway runs through the centre of Maidstone but I am a good mile North if that. We get good weather here on the whole. Gravesend, which has the hottest recorded temperatures in the UK isn't far from here. Mustn't complain...

Well the nearby river will create its own airstream/weather. Oft times cooler. Flatish landscape might mean no natural windbreaks, only man-made, which often channel any breeze

Back
Top Bottom