Not open for further replies.
Hold over for the 3rd week

Banh mi

New

Smothered chicken, noodles, green beans and carrots

Crab ravioli with red bell sauce and salad

Tamales (last in the freezer) and black beans

Vietnamese chicken meatball soup

Sort of steak stir fry with mushrooms and onions over mashies with squash casserole

Ribs with sides of corn, beans and slaw

Shrimp boil. Craig found a new spice mix he wants to use for crawfish, but I have doubts about it so we are experimenting before using it on 30ish pounds of crawfish.

If all goes to plan, this is my weekly menu.

Sat: Minty peas, beer battered cod, home made chips
Su: Flammkuchen with onions & bacon
Mon: Chicken tikka massala curry with white rice
Tue: Baked potatoes with tuna & sour cream
Wed; leftovers or snacks
Thu: Chicken fajitas with guacamole and sour cream
Fri; Sushi with fresh tuna and siracha mayo
Sat; Ravioli with walnut & parmesan stuffing in butter and sage sauce

I don't have much of a plan. I have the last of the brisket and beans for tonight. I also have two burger patties thawed out, and I'm probably going to make tuna salad for tomorrow. Bread is baking now.

We've got carry overs again, as we've gotten takeout the last 2 nights since neither of us has felt like cooking, but between the expense, the uneasiness of having someone else prepare our food, especially given that there were a lot more confirmed cases of corona that popped up overnight in our county, we decided to eat in for as long as possible.

Vietnamese chicken soup

Crab ravioli with red bell pepper sauce

Pina colada chicken wings, chips and slaw

Tamales with black beans

Ground beef bourguignon pot pie and salad

Thai roasted red and yellow pepper salad with shrimp, chicken, and pork over rice

Duck breasts with spicy cherry chutney with rice pilaf

Coconut potato latkes with cranberry applesauce plus crispy chicken thighs

morning glory 's flageolet beans and spinach with some of our homemade garlic sausage

Green chile enchiladas with Mexican rice

Last edited:
Besides the below, we have a couple of pull out of the freezer easy meals if we don't want to cook, gumbo and cast iron oven pizza fixins.

Duck breast with spicy cherry sauce and rice pilaf.

Chile, each of our own, rice for me, rice or spaghetti for craig

Pork schnitzel, cranberry applesauce, spatzle and green beans

Carbonara (guanciale) and side salad. Think I'll make a french silk pie with meringue crust with leftover egg whites

BLTs with steak fries

Chef salad

Mushroom, chicken and mushrooms (a REALLY old TGI Fridays dish) and mashies

Picadillo with maduros, rice and black beans

Thai pork meatball glass noodle soup

Lamb meatballs with Romesco sauce and pita

Onion and tomato focaccia with a spread of cannellini beans and basil, with prosciutto cotto slices. Saw this on 1 of Lidia Bastianich's shows last week

Eggs Benedict with the sort of gammon I cured, using a grit cake, and a salad

Homemade gyro meat with zatziki, tomatoes, onions, and pita

Leftovers again tonight. I will pan grill cauliflower and mak buttery wilted beet greens. Tomorrow either a rib eye or ground beef patty with pan grilled Brussels sprouts and salad. Sunday- Hmmm roasted chicken. Veggies to be decided later. Lots of good leftovers - chicken salad and chicken celery soup.
Just spoke to my niece
She is gradually moving from an all liquid diet to small portions of pureed food. She asked for my drunk pork roast
She is with her Dad this weekend so I will make sure that she has drunk pork roast for dinner Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom