Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week or thereabouts:

I started today off with a 3-egg omelet with Havarti cheese, ramps and hot Italian sausage. I am about to make Greek style lamb meatballs for lunch, with some lettuce, greens and such. Dinner will be tortillas with mushrooms and cheese, with a salad side and apple, vegetarian but not vegan.

Tuesday, red cabbage fritters, which may be enough that I skip lunch entirely.
Dinner will be a slow cooked brisket, with random root veggies. This will make many leftovers

Wednesday, I plan on testing pancake making using oat milk. No idea if this will be a success.
Lunch I imagine will be leftover brisket and such.
Dinner might be a CHEDDAR dish for our current challenge - not sure which of two dishes yet. Around mid-day I am expecting a food box from local farmers (something put into place with COVID in March 2020), and I ordered 8 ounces of cheddar to arrive. This will be good quality stuff - I assume. I probably needed to order more. But I think I have enough for the first recipe - and the second is something where the cheddar quality is not as essential.

Thursday? Something with the other half package of ground lamb. Also, maybe a meal with sautéed oyster mushrooms and ramps.

Friday: I am hoping I ordered strawberries with that farmer's package. I may do a repeat oat milk pancake breakfast, this time with chopped strawberries. Later in the day: rooster. Perhaps rooster Corfu, my favorite rooster dish. I may also make the other immediately-planned cheddar dish.

Once again, a couple left over from last week.

The tuna salad we had last night.

Small Calzone and strombolis, spinach and cheese for me, sausage and porchetta for craig.

Cheddar crusted roast chicken with broccoli and cheddar biscuits.

Cheddar, bacon and hatch chile rilette (think pimento cheese) with dippers of cheddar crackers, steak fries, broccoli florets and endive if the grocery has it.

White beans with greens and andouille plus corn bread, maybe cheddar if we're not cheesed out by then.

Fried fish with hushpuppies, and roasted garlic tartar sauce.

Schweinshaxe with rotkhol and spaetzle.

Last edited:
NOLA oysters and rice pilaf that we had last night

Broccoli stem and cheddar soup with ham, apple, cheddar grilled cheese sandwiches.

Pizzas with ground beef and mushrooms for me, and sausage, red bell and onion for Craig, got to use up the BOGO crusts we bought last week.

Cheeseburger buns with mashed potato fries.

Fried rice and egg rolls.

Emeril's BBQ shrimp.

Tacos al pastor with pineapple, jalapeno salsa with avocado.

Two meals left over from last week because of 2 nights not wanting to cook.

Special fried rice with egg rolls

Emeril's BBQ shrimp and biscuits

Italian sausage, zucchini and mushroom pasta

Massaman chicken curry

BBQ ribs with creamed corn and baked beans

Char siu ribs with Chinese garlic, vege noodles

Meatloaf with mashies and green beans

Last edited:
OK medtran49, that was more than seven so good. I was thinking though if I had to plan all this, like say I ran a nursing home or something. (of course also ordering all the stuff for it)

Monday
Breakfast
Scrambled eggs, toast. Opt ham, bacon, sausage. Juice and the usual.
Lunch
Sandwich, roast beef, corned beef, ham, bacon. Chips or fries.
Dinner
Chili or chili melt, Good salad.

A fish sandwich should fit in nicely. Just NOT that %&^*(^##% tilapia.
Whatever kind of salad, fries or some sort of spud.

Just kicking in.

T

OK medtran49, that was more than seven so good. I was thinking though if I had to plan all this, like say I ran a nursing home or something. (of course also ordering all the stuff for it)

Monday
Breakfast
Scrambled eggs, toast. Opt ham, bacon, sausage. Juice and the usual.
Lunch
Sandwich, roast beef, corned beef, ham, bacon. Chips or fries.
Dinner
Chili or chili melt, Good salad.
nope, there are only seven, just 2 of them happen to be leftover from last week. I'm marking them as we go.

Agree about the tilapia. Never understood why some think it is a good fish.

Ok, here's my menu plan. There are some leftovers from the cheddar challenge and some new arrivals for the chocolate challenge:

Cocoa-Cherry Pork Tenderloin With Salad & Cheddar Biscuits
Chicken-Tamale Pie With Salad
Saftig Von Lucy (German-inspired Jucy Lucy) With Potato Soufflé
Bacon-Tomato-Cheddar Breakfast Bake With Eggs
Pasta With Dark Chocolate Marinara With Salad
Cheddar Apple Pie

nope, there are only seven, just 2 of them happen to be leftover from last week. I'm marking them as we go.

Agree about the tilapia. Never understood why some think it is a good fish.

Well it is cheap and readily available. Good fish is hard to get in tis town, from a store. Seems the restaurants get it.

T

Ok, here's my menu plan. There are some leftovers from the cheddar challenge and some new arrivals for the chocolate challenge:

One thing I didn't mention I saw on Test Kitchen. Cheddar fries. In a flat oven pan, little grease, put potatoes and sprinkle cheddar all over it Let it fry in there just like the potatoes.

T

I seem to have taken this thread a bit differently than most. I took it as I am responsible, like a head chef at a nursing or rehab place, or the floor of a hospital. This would include doing the purchase, or orders through the company.

T

I seem to have taken this thread a bit differently than most. I took it as I am responsible, like a head chef at a nursing or rehab place, or the floor of a hospital. This would include doing the purchase, or orders through the company.

T
Not sure where you got that impression. The original post should have been a clue that it was for home meals.

As of tonight, finally used up all our planned menus. New menu starting tomorrow. More than a week as we are going to have to shift shopping days when I start my new job.

Baked pasta with spinach, mushrooms and fresh smoked mozzarella.

Porchetta (from the freezer) sliders with roasted vege mayo, probably chips or fried potatoes as well.

Pico using the Manzano peppers Craig bought plus sliced avocado, and chiliquillas with crema and queso fresco.

Kashmiri Rogan Josh with saag aloo, rice and Herbie 's garlic achaar.

Freezer mac and cheese (meaning odds and ends of various cheese that have been frozen) and salad.

Dirty rice.

Korean fried chicken with Asian glazed vegetable medley.

Muffaletta

Moussaka.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom