Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if you have to shop everyday!:headshake:We don't have open air farmers markets open daily or even close by. Maybe if we lived in Italy.

Oh I just meant cooking day by day with the ingredients you have in the house. I tend to do that. Order randomly whatever I fancy and then invent the dishes. You need a good stash of spices etc. to do that.

E3599CF4-5EF3-4E0D-9705-C13E55AE2FE9.jpeg

Love it! And love the handwriting. Is this just one day's menu? :D

What is Hen's Nests Grilled Cheese & side salad?

First, thanks for the handwriting comment. Half the time, I can barely read what I have up there. :)

That's definitely not one day. I usually just write down suppers for a few days out, something different for breakfast, and usually a dessert, but I've been off my game the last few weeks (wife surgery).

Lunch...the wife is usually on her own. She works from home full-time and I work from home most of the time, so lunches are up to the individual.

Hen's nest, where you cut a hole is some bread, fry the bread a bit, then cook an egg in it, yeah?

Now, make two of those, and then put some cheese on one slice of bread, and put the other piece of bread (with the egg in it) on top - so it's a toasted cheese sandwich with a nice runny egg in each piece of the bread.

As my brother says, "That's drunk-and-hungry cooking." :)

That's definitely not one day. I

I was being a bit 'tongue in cheek'! :happy:

Hen's nest, where you cut a hole is some bread, fry the bread a bit, then cook an egg in it, yeah?

Now, make two of those, and then put some cheese on one slice of bread, and put the other piece of bread (with the egg in it) on top - so it's a toasted cheese sandwich with a nice runny egg in each piece of the bread.

Ah! Yes I know that 'hole in bread thing and egg' by another name. And it turns into a double decker with cheese! How wonderful. Please post as a recipe?

I also note that you are born to be a CookingBites member because you mention runny eggs. :woot: A large proportion of members here seems to love eggs and preferably runny eggs. Its a thing we have!

As my brother says, "That's drunk-and-hungry cooking." :)

And you can bet I'm trying this, I would never of thought of joining two together. I do the single thing, but will try this. No reason why I wouldn't like it. Thanks.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
@MoGlo (I hope I can call you that!) - I could eat eggs every day, runny or otherwise, but I do especially love them runny. Runny egg on a burger...runny egg on a salad...runny egg on flatbread...runny egg on a potato. I'm the BubbaGump of runny eggs!

@Russ - Yeah, that's the inside of one of my cupboards.

I'll post a recipe for that, but it's really just something I do by the eye.

@MoGlo (I hope I can call you that!) - I could eat eggs every day, runny or otherwise, but I do especially love them runny. Runny egg on a burger...runny egg on a salad...runny egg on flatbread...runny egg on a potato. I'm the BubbaGump of runny eggs!

@Russ - Yeah, that's the inside of one of my cupboards.

I'll post a recipe for that, but it's really just something I do by the eye.

10:4 on the cupboard, I thought it was a sandwhich board. I'll put my pic up when it's done.

Russ

You can call me MoGlo if you want. Its rather nice. But if you want members receive an alert that you mentioned them the start typing beginning with @ and followed by the first 3 letters of their name - and the system will find the name for you with a live link, as in @TastyReuben.

I'm 100% with you regarding runny eggs. I never get bored of them. Runny egg on salad is delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom