What are the top 2 best pasta dishes you have ever had?

MoniqueS

Veteran
Local time
12:14 PM
Website
youngandpennywise.tumblr.com
Since pasta is such a universally loved food, What are the top 3 best pasta dishes you have ever had? Where did you eat this pasta dish? Or where did you get the recipe?

My top 3 have definitively come from restaurants. I hate to admit they aren't exactly vegan friendly. I've also been to Italy, but my top 2 have somehow all come from restaurants in Ontario.

1. Veal Parmesan. I wish I had a more elegant way of describing this dish, but I can't remember the exact restaurant to find the description. My mom took me to a really nice little Italian restaurant in Toronto many, many years ago and I still remember this dish. It was a pretty simple veal parmesan but made with fettuccine alfredo instead of tomato sauce. The parmesan cheese, breading, fresh pasta and sauce were just phenomenally good.

2. Orechiette with sear beef tips, grilled corn, red onion and spinach in a dijon cream sauce.
This dish was from The Old Winery Restaurant in Niagara-on-the-Lake. I took a risk with this dish because I wasn't sure if I would like it and they had plenty of classic pasta dishes to choose from. But I absolutely loved it. The beef was so tender and the sauce was so different from anything I've ever had.

When I used to eat meat I loved Chicken Cacciatore. You need to find the best italian bread for it, though. We used spaghetti. The normal type, not the angel hair spaghetti. If you consider cous cous to be pasta, which it really is, I have ate a cous cous salad that is amazing. It has cilantro, oil, vinegar, cous cous, white wine and a little bit of onion in it.

I'm not sure if anyone has tried Pete's New Haven Style Apizza located in Washington, DC. But the chefs make some of the best pastas I've ever tried. Both of my top 2 favorites are from this place:
  1. Pesto Linguine (Fresh Linguine, Sautéed Shrimp, Pesto Sauce, Pinenuts, Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
  2. Pancetta Fettucini (Fresh Fettucine, Pancetta, Red Onions, Eggs, Pecorino Cream Sauce, Black Pepper)

Back
Top Bottom