What are you baking today (2020-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first glance I thought Yorkshire puds?
Do you make them, the puds I mean.

Russ
Yes, I always make them. These are not my best work. They were just a tiny bit underdone, but I was playing around with using some whole wheat flour, which probably affected them a bit.

Lime yoghurt cake with lime icing

Last edited:
IMG_1803.JPG

How stinkin' cute are these?
Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups.
I had a blast using my new-to-me butane kitchen torch to brown the meringue. I must say, that was quite satisfying 🔥
It's Neighborhood Gal Pal's Bingo Night and I like to take some kind of baked good for that Community to sell at intermission. It helps the Community next to ours with their expenses. It's mostly folks on fixed incomes and not alot of extras.

View attachment 87100
How stinkin' cute are these?
Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups.
I had a blast using my new-to-me butane kitchen torch to brown the meringue. I must say, that was quite satisfying 🔥
It's Neighborhood Gal Pal's Bingo Night and I like to take some kind of baked good for that Community to sell at intermission. It helps the Community next to ours with their expenses. It's mostly folks on fixed incomes and not alot of extras.

Super cute!

IMG_1819.JPG

I made a double batch of Brownies.
I packed them with chopped Walnuts and dark Chocolate Chips.
Some will stay here to be eaten with a scoop of ice cream, some for Fourth of July, some to go home with my Mother after our cook-out and lastly this tray, which is going next door tomorrow for an afternoon of cards. This time it's couples rather than just the girlies.

My Mother is just crazy for Scones (actually she's absolutely obsessed with anything British).

IMG_0871.JPG

I found this bagged mix awhiles back and she loves these, but doesn't bake.
Since DH & I are going over to her apartment tomorrow, I figured I'd make a batch for her.

IMG_1919.JPG

DH tried one, quality control you know, and deemed them "very good, can I have more?"
Sure, I got 15 Scones out of it.
Hmmm, this is maybe the fourth or fifth time that I've made her Scones, maybe I should look for a Scones pan...

My Mother is just crazy for Scones (actually she's absolutely obsessed with anything British).

View attachment 88425

I found this bagged mix awhiles back and she loves these, but doesn't bake.
Since DH & I are going over to her apartment tomorrow, I figured I'd make a batch for her.

View attachment 88426

DH tried one, quality control you know, and deemed them "very good, can I have more?"
Sure, I got 15 Scones out of it.
Hmmm, this is maybe the fourth or fifth time that I've made her Scones, maybe I should look for a Scones pan...

Of course there are no rules really but I have to say I've never seen an iced scone though I'm sure they were very good. Scones here are pretty well always served split and buttered and often served with jam and clotted cream. That's why scones need to be tall (ish). UK scones are never baked in a special pan. They need to be baked free-standing on a tray to achieve the shape:

Here, there are so many different varieties of Scones, I'm not a fan of any of them.
Now, my Mother would sit at your tea table anytime, but I can't find Clotted or Devonshire Cream here. I've found it online, but geez, the pricing!
If I were to make her your style of Scone, served with cream and my homemade Meyer Lemon Curd and a strong pot of Tea, she'd be over the Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom