What are you baking today (2020-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bad lighting and sloppy plating (bowling?) doesn't show this off very well, but I made a peach cobbler today that was outstanding:

It's from one of my Amish recipes, and it's really easy, almost like a dump recipe. Into a cake pan with some peaches, then add a mixture of flour, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, butter, and sugar, then more peaches, then more of the flour mixture, then top with sugar, and mix boiling water and almond extract together, pour it over, top with more nutmeg, and into the oven. That's it. No further mixing required.

What I like is that, while the cake mix retains that classic doughy texture, the sugar on top bakes up crisp and hard, like a candy coating. It's delicious!

One of my few baking endeavors, buttermilk biscuits.

36788-albums322-picture8367.jpg

A very, very easy dessert:

I used a supermarket pie dough as a base. I put down some sugar on parchment paper, then the pie dough, then some apples, then more sugar and cinnamon sprinkled over, and dots of butter over the top as well . Into a 400F oven for about 45 minutes.

I threw in some raisins about 10 minutes before it was done, then when it came out, I brushed some apricot preserves over the top and let it cool a bit.

Very low effort.

Very low effort.
Beautiful mate, just say you served it with custard and I will name my first born after you. Tasty Broken Rubber Blank has quite a ring to it.
If you like marzipan and you have not tried this fake Tarte Normande. Chill a shop bought block of quality M/pan. Slice uniformly to penny thickness. Layer the base before the apples then do what you did without the butter or raisins.

For the Almond Arming:

I'm not sure what to call this, as I followed a recipe for Puff Paste Almond Cake (Pithiviers) for the filling, but I didn't use puff pastry, I used a supermarket pie dough I had lying around...so maybe almond pie?

I made brownies with a new recipe, but the recipe turned out faulty. So I made self saucing chocolate pudding :laugh: it tasted great, but after following the instructions to the letter I had a pudding and not a brownie lol

This was intended for the almond challenge last month, just now getting around to it.

Better than they look. Make a yeast dough, roll it out in a circle, smear it with almond paste (with sugar and egg white mixed in), cut it into pie shape (like a pizza), roll them up, brush with egg white, sprinkle with almonds, and bake.

You'll think it's just a little sweet roll, but then the filling hits your tastebuds, and you say, "Oh! Isn't that nice?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom