What are you cooking for Thanksgiving?

I also need to figure out another vegie casserole. I really want to make an asparagus, artichoke heart casserole. I tried a month or so ago and it was and epic fail - my Mornay sauce curdled

This sounds interesting. Artichokes (both globe and Jerusalem) are a big favourite of mine. Are you using fresh, canned or frozen artichoke hearts?

@morning glory
For the casserole I use canned artichoke hearts. I love Jerusalem artichokes! The flavor is so wonderfully earthy. I sometimes put them in with my drunk pork roast. The only problem is the gas factor. Picture a large family gathering after a holiday dinner with gas bombs exploding.:laugh:

When I had my landscaping business I frequently planted globe artichokes in client's flower beds. The are beautiful plants, the flowers are stunning and the fruit is a bonus.

Happy Thanks Giving All - including those of you who do not celebrate our holiday - you still have much to be thankful for.

So - two post of photos of our celebration.

Food - I almost forgot to take picks and barely got it done before everyone began filling their plates. Not the best quality but you get the idea.

Pre dinner snacks - The plate on the lower right was piled high with Pig Candy. It did not last long enough to photograph.

tg5.jpg

Table 1

tg2.jpg

Table 2

t3.jpg

Coffee Bar

tg1.jpg

Turkey (Mom)

tg6.jpg

Drunk Pork Roast (me)

tg8.jpg

Cornbread Dressing (Middle Sis)

tg7.jpg

Green Bean Casserole (Baby Sis)

tg9.jpg

Savory Sweet Potato Casserole (me)

tg10.jpg

I completely forgot about the desert table. :ohmy:

Next post is family. :)

Meet my family. Most of the pics are candid so expressions are amusing.

Mother - the family Matriarch and Baby Sis's sweet Hubby

tgf10.jpg

Middle Sis right Baby Sis left

tgf2.jpg

Middle Brother right - His wonderful Bride center - Baby Brother resting his eyes on the left.

tgf9.jpg

Nephew (the eldest of Mother's grandchildren) and his 6 year old daughter

tgf11.jpg

Baby Brother's 12 year old daughter, Nephew's 12 year old son (Mother's eldest Great Grandchild) and Nephew's Daughter. Baby Brother has custody of his daughter. He is a wonderful Daddy/Mom. So proud of him.

tgf6.jpg

Baby Sis's MIL and Middle Sis's Daughter - today was her 28th Birthday.

tgf7.jpg

Niece with her birthday Cake

tgf13.jpg

My Honey Bear

tgf1.jpg

Missing from the action - 1st Brother and his wife (father of my nephew), Baby Sis's two daughters, there spouses and 3 beautiful babies. They did the in-law thing. Baby Sis's SIL and a couple of family friends.

The food photos do not give justice to how wonderful everything tasted. We all had a wonderful day with lots of laughter and teasing each other. We all ate too much and everyone brought plates of food home.

I am most grateful for my wonderful family. They are the greatest blessing in my life. I see so many dysfunctional families - siblings not able to get along, arguments, shouting, a lot of unpleasantness.

Middle Sister's daughter always spends Thanks Giving and Christmas with our family. She told her mom that she wanted to spend Thanks Giving with her Dad this year. Heart broken Sis told her it was her decision. Last Saturday her Dad had Thanks Giving dinner for his family. My niece told her Mother that she had changed her mind about spending Thanks Giving with her Dad. She was very upset by the arguments, shouting and profanity. She told her Mother that they were all mean and crazy.

So what did the rest of you "Yanks" do for Thanks Giving? Hope you all had a wonderful day.

tgf4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Meet my family. Most of the pics are candid so expressions are amusing.

Mother - the family Matriarch and Baby Sis's sweet Hubby

View attachment 11727
Middle Sis right Baby Sis left

View attachment 11726

Middle Brother right - His wonderful Bride center - Baby Brother resting his eyes on the left.

View attachment 11728

Nephew (the eldest of Mother's grandchildren) and his 6 year old daughter

View attachment 11729

Baby Brother's 12 year old daughter, Nephew's 12 year old son (Mother's eldest Great Grandchild) and Nephew's Daughter. Baby Brother has custody of his daughter. He is a wonderful Daddy/Mom. So proud of him.

View attachment 11733

Baby Sis's MIL and Middle Sis's Daughter - today was her 28th Birthday.

View attachment 11731

Niece with her birthday Cake

View attachment 11732

My Honey Bear

View attachment 11734

Missing from the action - 1st Brother and his wife (father of my nephew), Baby Sis's two daughters, there spouses and 3 beautiful babies. They did the in-law thing. Baby Sis's SIL and a couple of family friends.

The food photos do not give justice to how wonderful everything tasted. We all had a wonderful day with lots of laughter and teasing each other. We all ate too much and everyone brought plates of food home.

I am most grateful for my wonderful family. They are the greatest blessing in my life. I see so many dysfunctional families - siblings not able to get along, arguments, shouting, a lot of unpleasantness.

Middle Sister's daughter always spends Thanks Giving and Christmas with our family. She told her mom that she wanted to spend Thanks Giving with her Dad this year. Heart broken Sis told her it was her decision. Last Saturday her Dad had Thanks Giving dinner for his family. My niece told her Mother that she had changed her mind about spending Thanks Giving with her Dad. She was very upset by the arguments, shouting and profanity. She told her Mother that they were all mean and crazy.

So what did the rest of you "Yanks" do for Thanks Giving? Hope you all had a wonderful day.

Goodness me, sounds like a large family, being together is a very special thing and you clearly have a lot of love between you all :thumbsup:

@Lullabelle Yes - large.

I am the eldest of 7. A brother died in a car accident when he was 17 - 41 years ago. I have 2 sisters and 3 brothers. We are very close and enjoy each others company.

I was trying to work out how many siblings you had! My partner is also one of seven. Your family looks lovely - one person missing from photos: you! :D

Happy Thanks Giving All - including those of you who do not celebrate our holiday - you still have much to be thankful for.

So - two post of photos of our celebration.

Food - I almost forgot to take picks and barely got it done before everyone began filling their plates. Not the best quality but you get the idea.

Pre dinner snacks - The plate on the lower right was piled high with Pig Candy. It did not last long enough to photograph.

View attachment 11717

Table 1

View attachment 11718

Table 2

View attachment 11719

Coffee Bar

View attachment 11720

Turkey (Mom)

View attachment 11721

Drunk Pork Roast (me)

View attachment 11725

Cornbread Dressing (Middle Sis)

View attachment 11722

Green Bean Casserole (Baby Sis)

View attachment 11723

Savory Sweet Potato Casserole (me)

View attachment 11724

I completely forgot about the desert table. :ohmy:

Next post is family. :)
Great job with the dinner...great job with the pics.... looks like a lovely family !!

@Dados1950

Thank you. You are being kind. The pics were all either last minute or candid so not the best. We all had a great time. A smaller gathering than usual. Our Christmas serving tables will be much prettier. The dining tables will be more formal. The group will be larger.

Your tables are lovely. How many family members/guest did you serve?

Back
Top Bottom