What are you doing to take care of yourself?

I had my second cataract surgery last Wednesday. My vision is amazing. I wake up and reach for my glass's on the night stand. There are no glasses. I open my eyes and SEE. My heart is loaded with joy. I get teary-eyed.
I look out of my window and I can identify the birds at the feeder. I can see the texture of the leaves on trees. I look around the house and say Oh Crud!
Isn't science amazing. My Maternal Great Grandparents were blind from cataracts. My paternal Grandmother was blind from Glaucoma.
I have had cataracts removed and I have treatment for glaucoma.
I am overjoyed.
I can see. The day after my second surgery my vision was 25/20. Not perfect but sooo much better. There will be improvement as my eye heals.
I am 68 years old. I have worn glasses since I was six years old. I probably needed glasses from birth. In the 50's children were not tested for sight. Vision problems became apparent when children started school and could not see the blackboard. That was me. I had my first pair of glasses at 6 years old. I probably needed glasses prior to starting school.
I can not begin to tell how amazing it is to be able to SEE.
My heart is full. I see a new world.

I had my second cataract surgery last Wednesday. My vision is amazing. I wake up and reach for my glass's on the night stand. There are no glasses. I open my eyes and SEE. My heart is loaded with joy. I get teary-eyed.
I look out of my window and I can identify the birds at the feeder. I can see the texture of the leaves on trees. I look around the house and say Oh Crud!
Isn't science amazing. My Maternal Great Grandparents were blind from cataracts. My paternal Grandmother was blind from Glaucoma.
I am overjoyed.
I can see. The day after my second surgery my vision was 25/20. Not perfect but sooo much better. There will be improvement as my eye heals.
I am 68 years old. I have worn glasses since I was six years old. I probably needed glasses from birth. In the 50's children were not tested for sight. Vision problems became apparent when children started school and could not see the blackboard. That was me. I had my first pair of glasses at 6 years old. I probably needed glasses prior to starting school.

There's a kiwi foundation called Fred hollows, they do amazing work with people in the islands for free. We have given in the past.

Russ

I am overjoyed.
I am happy beyond words for you! 🤩

I am overjoyed.
That is wonderful news!💙😎

I am overjoyed.

I am so happy for you. Both of my parents had the same surgery, and had the same results. My dad actually had a little difficulty adjusting -- he wasn't used to seeing things clearly. :laugh:

CD

I am overjoyed.

Dear ElizabethB this is such a great news, I’m deeply happy for you. It must be like having back something that has been stolen by someone with no right. But now you had it back and it’s magic. Enjoy it 😍 A big hug from me, lovely :hug:

Last edited:
Can you bite into an apple? - or do you need to cut it into pieces? Are there solid foods you cannot eat without first finely cutting them up - or worse, eating only soups and pureed foods?

Is it too late for you to see a dentist and have them put in those peg insert teeth?

Can you bite into an apple? - or do you need to cut it into pieces? Are there solid foods you cannot eat without first finely cutting them up - or worse, eating only soups and pureed foods?

Is it too late for you to see a dentist and have them put in those peg insert teeth?

As you haven't quoted the I'm not sure which comment/post you are referring to?

Back
Top Bottom