What are you doing to take care of yourself?

ElizabethB

Veteran
Local time
11:53 AM
BRAVO to you and your family. You live a life of service and your children have followed your example. I thank you for public service and thank you more for rearing children who follow your example. You are a good person. No fooling around or sarcasm. I love you and respect you and your family. I am privileged to know you even if it is only an on line acquaintance.

ElizabethB

Veteran
Local time
Right eye cataract surgery Monday. After surgery my vision was blurry. I was hungry so we stopped for oyster poboys. Drops as soon as I got home. I was was tired and took a nap. When I woke my right eye vision had deteriorated - more than blurry - foggy. Tuesday morning I lost my happy thoughts. I could see nothing other than a dense fog out of my right eye. The only thing I could see was light. Dr appointment @ 9 a.m. I was terrified and struggling not to cry. I do have Glaucoma. All of the fluid flushing my eye caused the pressure to spike. Glaucoma patients are normally prescribed an additional, sulfa based medication. I am allergic to sulfa. Doc was very reassuring. The new lens looked great and was in place. The fog was very disconcerting. I felt like a drunk sailor trying to navigate on dry land. With permission from my doc I put a patch on my right eye and wore my glasses. Doc prescribed patience. He was Correct. This morning (Wed) I could see and identify shapes. That is a couch, that is a table, that is a person. I could give no detailed description. Almost 2 p.m. - I can close my left eye ad see through a very light fog. I can identify objects, use my right eye instead of covering it. I do have a problem with depth perception. I see Doc tomorrow.

mjd

Über Member
Local time
Right eye cataract surgery Monday. After surgery my vision was blurry. I was hungry so we stopped for oyster poboys. Drops as soon as I got home. I was was tired and took a nap. When I woke my right eye vision had deteriorated - more than blurry - foggy. Tuesday morning I lost my happy thoughts. I could see nothing other than a dense fog out of my right eye. The only thing I could see was light. Dr appointment @ 9 a.m. I was terrified and struggling not to cry. I do have Glaucoma. All of the fluid flushing my eye caused the pressure to spike. Glaucoma patients are normally prescribed an additional, sulfa based medication. I am allergic to sulfa. Doc was very reassuring. The new lens looked great and was in place. The fog was very disconcerting. I felt like a drunk sailor trying to navigate on dry land. With permission from my doc I put a patch on my right eye and wore my glasses. Doc prescribed patience. He was Correct. This morning (Wed) I could see and identify shapes. That is a couch, that is a table, that is a person. I could give no detailed description. Almost 2 p.m. - I can close my left eye ad see through a very light fog. I can identify objects, use my right eye instead of covering it. I do have a problem with depth perception. I see Doc tomorrow.
Thanks for the update. I was just thinking about you. I'm glad your doctor was reassuring and you're getting the care you need. Hope all goes well tomorrow. :hug:

caseydog

Legendary Member
Local time

I'm glad it is coming around. Depth perception will probably be a problem until both eyes are done and healed. Two eyes is why we can see things in three dimensions (I'm not a doctor, but professional photographers know how eyes work).

My mom has had glaucoma for many years. I hope they have a medication you can use. My mom's is kept well under control with medication.

CD

Shermie

Guru
Local time
12:53 PM

I had the left eye done. Crystal clear!! The right eye is blurry. Gotta have it done now. Going to make an appt to see the eye doctor soon. :whistling:

Last edited:

ElizabethB

Veteran
Local time
Follow up appointment this afternoon. Most of the fog has lifted. I still have some distortion. Not yet at 20/20. Pressure is back to normal. Schools of floaters swimming around. Dr. said not to use glasses at all. IDK about that, as of now I would not be comfortable driving without glasses. I see gradual improvement daily, sometimes hourly. So for so good.

ElizabethB

Veteran
Local time
My next project is a physical with a family practitioner. Phone calls in the A.M. to set an appointment.
This is my year for self care. I have neglected/avoided Dr. visits for at least 4 years. I know I have have Boob Squeeze and Alien Butt Probe to look forward to. Sigh! Make my day.

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
4:53 AM
My next project is a physical with a family practitioner. Phone calls in the A.M. to set an appointment.
This is my year for self care. I have neglected/avoided Dr. visits for at least 4 years. I know I have have Boob Squeeze and Alien Butt Probe to look forward to. Sigh! Make my day.
Sounds like you're making progress. Keep up the good work.

Russ

ElizabethB

Veteran
Local time
ElizabethB - how's that eye coming along?
Healing well. New lens is securely in place. I have considered mono vision as an option - distance vision in one eye and near vision in the other. I do not think that will work. I need distance vision in both eyes. I will have to put up with readers. The recovery of clarity in my eye was delayed because of Glaucoma. Glaucoma patients are usually prescribed an oral med. I could not take it because I am allergic to Sulfa drugs. The morning after surgery I freaked out. I could see nothing but a very dense fog. I could only see light. Day two I could see light and dark shapes. HMMM - that is a couch, that is a person, that is chair. I could not describe anything I saw. Day three was a huge improvement. I could see light, color and identify shapes but I was seeing through a dirty window. Day 4 WOW! Very sharp distance vision from my right eye. I still felt that I was looking through dirty window. I was gazing through the back, French door. OMG!! I was looking through a dirty window. I cleaned the glass. Problem solved.
My next appointment is on the 18th to evaluate healing and schedule surgery for the left eye.
TR thank you for asking. You are a sweet heart.
:hug:

Top Bottom