What are you doing to take care of yourself?

BRAVO to you and your family. You live a life of service and your children have followed your example. I thank you for public service and thank you more for rearing children who follow your example. You are a good person. No fooling around or sarcasm. I love you and respect you and your family. I am privileged to know you even if it is only an on line acquaintance.

Right eye cataract surgery Monday. After surgery my vision was blurry. I was hungry so we stopped for oyster poboys. Drops as soon as I got home. I was was tired and took a nap. When I woke my right eye vision had deteriorated - more than blurry - foggy. Tuesday morning I lost my happy thoughts. I could see nothing other than a dense fog out of my right eye. The only thing I could see was light. Dr appointment @ 9 a.m. I was terrified and struggling not to cry. I do have Glaucoma. All of the fluid flushing my eye caused the pressure to spike. Glaucoma patients are normally prescribed an additional, sulfa based medication. I am allergic to sulfa. Doc was very reassuring. The new lens looked great and was in place. The fog was very disconcerting. I felt like a drunk sailor trying to navigate on dry land. With permission from my doc I put a patch on my right eye and wore my glasses. Doc prescribed patience. He was Correct. This morning (Wed) I could see and identify shapes. That is a couch, that is a table, that is a person. I could give no detailed description. Almost 2 p.m. - I can close my left eye ad see through a very light fog. I can identify objects, use my right eye instead of covering it. I do have a problem with depth perception. I see Doc tomorrow.

Right eye cataract surgery Monday. After surgery my vision was blurry. I was hungry so we stopped for oyster poboys. Drops as soon as I got home. I was was tired and took a nap. When I woke my right eye vision had deteriorated - more than blurry - foggy. Tuesday morning I lost my happy thoughts. I could see nothing other than a dense fog out of my right eye. The only thing I could see was light. Dr appointment @ 9 a.m. I was terrified and struggling not to cry. I do have Glaucoma. All of the fluid flushing my eye caused the pressure to spike. Glaucoma patients are normally prescribed an additional, sulfa based medication. I am allergic to sulfa. Doc was very reassuring. The new lens looked great and was in place. The fog was very disconcerting. I felt like a drunk sailor trying to navigate on dry land. With permission from my doc I put a patch on my right eye and wore my glasses. Doc prescribed patience. He was Correct. This morning (Wed) I could see and identify shapes. That is a couch, that is a table, that is a person. I could give no detailed description. Almost 2 p.m. - I can close my left eye ad see through a very light fog. I can identify objects, use my right eye instead of covering it. I do have a problem with depth perception. I see Doc tomorrow.
Thanks for the update. I was just thinking about you. I'm glad your doctor was reassuring and you're getting the care you need. Hope all goes well tomorrow. :hug:

I'm glad it is coming around. Depth perception will probably be a problem until both eyes are done and healed. Two eyes is why we can see things in three dimensions (I'm not a doctor, but professional photographers know how eyes work).

My mom has had glaucoma for many years. I hope they have a medication you can use. My mom's is kept well under control with medication.

CD

I had the left eye done. Crystal clear!! The right eye is blurry. Gotta have it done now. Going to make an appt to see the eye doctor soon. :whistling:

Last edited:
Follow up appointment this afternoon. Most of the fog has lifted. I still have some distortion. Not yet at 20/20. Pressure is back to normal. Schools of floaters swimming around. Dr. said not to use glasses at all. IDK about that, as of now I would not be comfortable driving without glasses. I see gradual improvement daily, sometimes hourly. So for so good.

My next project is a physical with a family practitioner. Phone calls in the A.M. to set an appointment.
This is my year for self care. I have neglected/avoided Dr. visits for at least 4 years. I know I have have Boob Squeeze and Alien Butt Probe to look forward to. Sigh! Make my day.

My next project is a physical with a family practitioner. Phone calls in the A.M. to set an appointment.
This is my year for self care. I have neglected/avoided Dr. visits for at least 4 years. I know I have have Boob Squeeze and Alien Butt Probe to look forward to. Sigh! Make my day.
Sounds like you're making progress. Keep up the good work.

Russ

ElizabethB - how's that eye coming along?
Healing well. New lens is securely in place. I have considered mono vision as an option - distance vision in one eye and near vision in the other. I do not think that will work. I need distance vision in both eyes. I will have to put up with readers. The recovery of clarity in my eye was delayed because of Glaucoma. Glaucoma patients are usually prescribed an oral med. I could not take it because I am allergic to Sulfa drugs. The morning after surgery I freaked out. I could see nothing but a very dense fog. I could only see light. Day two I could see light and dark shapes. HMMM - that is a couch, that is a person, that is chair. I could not describe anything I saw. Day three was a huge improvement. I could see light, color and identify shapes but I was seeing through a dirty window. Day 4 WOW! Very sharp distance vision from my right eye. I still felt that I was looking through dirty window. I was gazing through the back, French door. OMG!! I was looking through a dirty window. I cleaned the glass. Problem solved.
My next appointment is on the 18th to evaluate healing and schedule surgery for the left eye.
TR thank you for asking. You are a sweet heart.
:hug:

Foot(ankle) simple exercises, foot massage with a massage ball. Hand fingernails massage with argan oil cream.
Sim ple leg exercises. Feels good.
Looking forward to my 55 min walk on my way to work.

Back
Top Bottom