What are you doing to take care of yourself?

I have not seen a GYN since menopause - 49 YO. I often fantasized about a physical relationship with a GYN. A man who knew exactly what buttons to push. OMG. :oops:
Maybe that'll happen with my NP - they don't call the prostate the male G-spot for nothing. :eek:

...until I turn around and see that she subbed in Dr. Hairylegs without me realizing it. :laugh:

Morning Glory - You do not look your age. Windigo natural beauty for sure.
MG - that mid section weight is the most difficult to get rid of. I look pregnant even with loose tops. I have 3 pairs of size 10 jeans that I can still wear because they are low rise, which I hate. No doubt I would lose weight If I got off of the wine. :roflmao: I will be 68 next month and look older than you. The aging happened in the last 6 or 7 years. My fault. I was a heavy smoker for 50 years. In addition to wrecking lungs and heart smoking also wrecks a face.

Monday I had an appointment with an Ophthalmologist to discuss cataract removal. My pressures are high so he prescribed drops and scheduled a follow up in two weeks. He wants to get the pressure down before doing surgery and do more testing for Glaucoma. I am not overly concerned about Glaucoma since drops keep the pressure down and prevent damage to the optic nerve. Dr. told me that there is now laser surgery that can be done to correct the fluid build up - covered by Medicare. I am excited about having the cataracts removed. I don't drive at night because the glare from headlights mess me up. Even during the day I stick to my normal routes - I can't read street signs until I am right up on them and avoid making left turns without a traffic light because I can not judge distance. Everyone I know who has had cataract surgery has been very pleased with the results. G is 73 (74 in May) and has baby cataracts - not mature enough to remove - yet.

My next step is to schedule an appointment with a Family Practitioner for blood work and physical. I know that will lead to a mammogram and the dreaded colonoscopy. :hyper:
I hope all goes well with your upcoming appointments.

Prostate exams...I've had mine checked digitally (and I don't mean a computer) two or three times (I may have blanked that first one out :laugh:). Seriously, guys make a huge deal out of it, and it's not as bad as all that - certainly not as bad as what I imagine a female goes through for a pelvic exam. All a prostate exam requires is finger - there are actual medical implements crafted for what a female gets subjected to. Now that's a probe!

BTW, for those of you who have Netflix and you want a laugh, it's worth watching the episode of The Kominsky Method where the lead character (Sandy Kominsky, played by Michael Douglas) gets a prostate exam. The doc is played by Danny DeVito, and it's absolutely hilarious. You don't have to have watched any other episodes to enjoy that one.

I will add this...my long-time internist, a male, has left the practice and has been replaced by an oh-so-cute 20-something nurse practitioner, female. They do a PSA test as part of my blood work, but I'm coming up due for the finger check soon.

I'm genuinely curious how she's going to play that. Is it going to be, "I'm a medical professional, it's just a gland to be checked, like any other," or will it be, "No way am I sticking my finger up your butt and tickling your sensitive bit...I'm going to refer you to someone else!"? :laugh:

I have had female doctors examine my external bits before, and in a, shall we say, hands-on fashion, but that could be seen as a lot less...uncomfortable for the doc than the Alien Butt Probe.
I am absolutely convinced that a bitter old man that never got a date in high school invented the mammogram and pelvic exam. ;-)

x (1).png

My next step is to schedule an appointment with a Family Practitioner for blood work and physical. I know that will lead to a mammogram and the dreaded colonoscopy. :hyper:
Hope you don't get glaucoma and your health issues resolve quickly. A colonoscopy sucks, I can attest after having had 11 of them. I have a tip: drink the liquid mixed with apple juice, it's clear enough for the screening and somewhat masks that godawful taste. I found nothing else that works as well.

Back
Top Bottom