What are you wearing today (2020-2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo Tasty, ya' ever had dreams of being a... Lumberjack?!

CD
A little story:

When I moved back to Ohio, one of my nephews, 10yo at the time, really latched on to me. He thought I was The Coolest Guy Ever.

Several years later, after hanging out with me all that time, he started college nearby, and shortly after that I invited him and his dad out for a guys' night near where he was living. His dad and I rode together and his kid met us there.

We're sat at the bar waiting, and in walks his kid in a pair of boots, skinny jeans, and a silky, flowery, puffy, ruffley blouse that clearly came from the women's section. Keep in mind, at that time, my nephew was about 6 feet tall, sort of chubby, curly red hair like a clown, and a red beard about half as long as a Duck Dynasty beard.

His dad looked at him, and in a very low-key voice, commented, "That's an, um, interesting shirt you're wearing, Jack."

"I always figured the department store sections were just suggestions."

I laughed my butt off, because I used to take him clothes shopping, and that's something I said to him once, just being funny and off the top of my head, but it obviously stuck! :laugh:

Oh, a beautiful shirt - and clearly not from the women's department.

I really like the ladies shirts and cotton dresses of e.g. Le Sarte Pettegole, Khujo and Ragwear. They're all brands which make carefully sown, rather simple garments - but with clever geometric patterns, contrast stitching and/or tiny insignias, patches, chevrons, colorful buttons, microscopic frills or other subtle extras.

Here's a used long sleeve Khujo shirt I just bought from an online flea market (XL = size 10/12 which is about L in Finland and XXXL in Italy :D). A girly pattern and not too snug to highlight my love handles (Edit :highfive:).
pus.PNG

And a Le Sarte Pettegole cotton wrap dress I use ever so often:

pus_.PNG

Last edited:
A girly pattern and not too snug to highlight my love handle.
Just one love handle? I thought they always came in pairs, one on each side. :wink:

In all seriousness, I'd have absolutely no issue wearing a shirt with that pattern on it. I wouldn't be able to wear a women's one, because of the way they're fitted, but that pattern... :okay:

Just one love handle? I thought they always came in pairs, one on each side. :wink:

In all seriousness, I'd have absolutely no issue wearing a shirt with that pattern on it. I wouldn't be able to wear a women's one, because of the way they're fitted, but that pattern... :okay:

I'm not big enough to win all the fights I'd get into if I wore that pattern to a bar in Texas.

CD

I've accidentally walked into the "right bar" when traveling out of town a few times. :eek: I didn't stay long.

CD
I've been in several, twice by mistake (and one of those was a practical joke played on me).

One of my nephews is gay (the one who didn't recommend Pappadeux), so when I'd run up to visit him, we'd frequently end up at his local.

To stay on topic, I'm in a plain white shirt today, a la Homer Simpson:

I've been in several, twice by mistake (and one of those was a practical joke played on me).

One of my nephews is gay (the one who didn't recommend Pappadeux), so when I'd run up to visit him, we'd frequently end up at his local.

To stay on topic, I'm in a plain white shirt today, a la Homer Simpson:
View attachment 68709

You are in IT. You are wearing a Dilbert shirt.

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 6.51.35 PM.jpg

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom