What are your best tenderizing methods?

You can age it yourself as @epicuric says, by simply keeping it in the refridgerator.
Yes I understood them but unfortunately my other half is to impatient to wait 26 to 30 days lol. I will try the aging method next time though but just not this week. My plan for tenderizing the meat worked! It is now the softest most tender exclent tasting meat I tasted in my life! It took 4 hours but it was totally worth it. I trimmed the fat and tissue. Then I soaked it in water, baking soda, salt mixture for 2 hours checking it ever so often to make sure it didn't get to soft. After draing and washing it I then marinated it for 2 hours with my choice of seasoning a grated onion, garlic, then I added about 1tsp pf powdered ginger on each piece of meat. Then after the 2 hours I washed it and then cooked it. Thanks to everyones help my to tough meat problem is finally solved! Yay!

I'm glad the problem is solved! My only comment would be - why on earth are you washing off that delicious marinade?
Long story short I just needed the flavor to get in the meat. It was for a big amount of meat that I was tenderizing so I needed to pack it up and put the rest in the freezer. I would be making it different ways to so I thought it best to wash it off to not have every dish taste the same. My other half can sometimes be a picky eater to so I wanted to make sure it wouldn't have to much of a strong taste.

I thought I had posted a marinade for beef, but I can't find it. It is for tough cuts. That marinade combined with cutting the finished beef on a bias, across the grain, in thin slices yields some pretty tender beef.

Back
Top Bottom