What are Your Favorite Grocery Store Frozen Meals?

I don't think of frozen ingredients as frozen meals. I use frozen peas and frozen corn out of season. Frozen French fries fall into that category, too.

Unless you have the kitchen gear to make raviolis (and kitchen space), you kinda' have to go frozen, or at least store bought. Now, if they are frozen in a sauce, and all you do is nuke them, that would be a frozen meal.

CD
ravs.jpg

I get about 7 dozen ravs when I make my own, using my KA attachments from back in the early 90's with the sheeter and cutter attachments that are made of metal btw. I have one of those forms that looks like an ice cube tray to form and cut the ravs. I do this maybe once, twice a year if DH is real lucky and they go into the deep freeze after I do a IQF blast in the chest freezer set all the way down for speed and then into a zip-top bag. I stick with just Cheese ravs and then whatever sauce we want to go with, sometimes just good Olive Oil, grated Cheese, torn-fresh Flat-leaf Parsley and Anchovies for DH. From frozen, it takes about 15-20 minutes to make `em.

DSC00840.JPG

I like whatever Marks & Spencer have. We have M&S in Singapore now with a horribly overpriced Food Hall, but when I go back to the UK I eat quite a few ready meals from them.

You guys have me considering getting a chest freezer now though...

Stand up fridge/freezer inside and garage. 2 chest freezers in garage. All pretty near full. We could live for months on contents.

Russ
RIGHT!
I figure we could live off of what I have in the two freezers, proteins-beef, pork, chicken & seafoods, as well my outdoor pantry in the finished garage fill with dry goods for probably 6 months!
After that first run on food products back in 2020, we have never been caught short for something to eat!
kaneohegirlinaz:
LURV those anchovies with the ravioli!!
DH is the anchovy lover in this family, I can barely even touch the dang things :D He loves those little fishies, I buy them online and they're from Italy packed in oil...they're huge!
I like whatever Marks & Spencer have. We have M&S in Singapore now with a horribly overpriced Food Hall, but when I go back to the UK I eat quite a few ready meals from them.

You guys have me considering getting a chest freezer now though...
Do it Vern!
That was the best decision I've made getting the second one!
My Mother thinks that I'm crazy, but she's been reaping the benefits by living with us and not running out of anything!
Mom will tell me, "I'm just about our of so-and-so, I need to go shopping."
I grab her by the hand, take out to the finished garage, open up the cabinets or freezer and say, "go for it Mom! I have my own store right here!"
:okay:

RIGHT!
I figure we could live off of what I have in the two freezers, proteins-beef, pork, chicken & seafoods, as well my outdoor pantry in the finished garage fill with dry goods for probably 6 months!
After that first run on food products back in 2020, we have never been caught short for something to eat!

DH is the anchovy lover in this family, I can barely even touch the dang things :D He loves those little fishies, I buy them online and they're from Italy packed in oil...they're huge!

Do it Vern!
That was the best decision I've made getting the second one!
My Mother thinks that I'm crazy, but she's been reaping the benefits by living with us and not running out of anything!
Mom will tell me, "I'm just about our of so-and-so, I need to go shopping."
I grab her by the hand, take out to the finished garage, open up the cabinets or freezer and say, "go for it Mom! I have my own store right here!"
:okay:

Finished garage? Please tell my your poor cars don't live... outside. :eek:

CD

Finished garage? Please tell my your poor cars don't live... outside. :eek:

CD
No Dawg, our singular vehicle lives in the garage, which I've been told is finished as compared to what we had back in Hawaii, just a covered carport. Rarely do you see the types of garages with actual doors on them there.
So this affords me the opportunity to store all kinds of sh!# out there :rolleyes:
When we were renting a home out in the country while this house was being built, we had nothing to protect our car and we wound up with packrats in the engine compartment that chewed up the wire and made a nest in the cabin filter duct 🙀

I bring Lean Cuisine frozen entrees to work sometimes. They're good.

Back
Top Bottom