What are your favorite Salmon recipes?

DIna00

Veteran
Local time
4:25 PM
What are your favorite salmon recipes? Is fresh salmon easily accessible to you or do you buy frozen?

I absolutely love fresh salmon, it is my favorite meal. I usually just top it with horseradish mayonnaise and bake it in the oven, just until it flakes but is still translucent.

It is expensive here so I wait for a sale. I do buy frozen salmon too but I think the taste is completely different and I don't like it as much.

Do you have any salmon recipes you enjoy? Or do you dislike salmon?

My favorite way to eat salmon is actually as sushi. It is by far my favorite fish for sushi, and in my area the easiest one to get. (Always make sure your fish is very, very fresh and previously frozen if you are going to make your own sushi.)

If I am cooking salmon, I like to just bake it with lemon juice and parsley. I don't like to cover up the flavor of the fish with a lot of other things because it is so good by itself.

I love sushi too! I haven't had it in ages, it is not very prevalent where I live now. I used to make my own sushi as well, but with children now I don't bother as I don't think it's to their taste.

I have never tried lemon juice on salmon, I've usually only used that on white fish. I will give it a try!

I love salmon. I like it poached, roasted or grilled. The way I cook it is to wrap each fillet of salmon in a parcel of foil with some fresh or dried herbs and a little lemon juice. The inside of the foil should be smeared with oil or butter. When you bake this in the oven, the salmon stays very moist because the juices combine with the butter and lemon juice.

Fresh salmon supreme stuffed with dill butter wrapped in brick pastry,in the oven till crisp,
Simple a delicious:chef:

I really like the taste of this fish. I have this simple recipe for salmon. I just steamed the salmon then add a lot of toasted garlic on top and some salt to taste. Simple yet very delicious.

Ugh, I am not a fan of sushi. Had it a couple of times and will never do it again, raw fish is just not my thing. I love salmon and I live in a region where we get it very fresh. My favorite way to prepare it is to coat the top of the fish in mayonaise, parsley, salt, pepper, and a little fresh lemon juice. Wrap it in tin foil and then stick it in the oven until it is cooked. Turns out perfectly moist and delicious.

Fish might be my favorite ingredient to cook from. I like all types of fish, and enjoy fish variously cooked. Even though I enjoy fish fried a lot, my favorite fish dish has to be smoked salmon. Some boiled potatoes with butter and smoked salmon gives me a summery feeling, as I used to eat it a lot when spending time at our summer cottage.

My dad used to make smoked salmon a lot when I was growing up and I always think of my childhood when I eat it now. I will need to ask him if he could make some again in the near future. I would live to make a trip up to Alaska someday and catch a bunch of it fresh. We have salmon around here, but it is heavily regulated.

I like salmon grilled with olive oil and seasonings and salmon patties. My daughter makes the best salmon patties, for some reason I just can not get it right to make my own.

IMG_1578.jpg

this is another simple salmon dish,it was street food on the south bank London,grilled and smoked on a oak fire

SUSHI!! Oh man, good sushi is AMAZING. I'll never ever forget the sushi I had in Tokyo. It was somewhat expensive for a broke college student like myself, but boy was it worth it.

If you want cooked salmon, then it's gotta be baked salmon for me. I've never tried fish en papillote but I'd love to try that technique someday, and a fatty fish like salmon sounds perfect

I buy both fresh and frozen salmon and it is readily available in the area I live. However, it is a relatively expensive fish. I prefer to keep salmon simple, cooking it in lemon butter. Occasionally, I add a teriyaki marinade. Salmon wellington is a favourite of my children.

This is making me hungry! I love fresh steamed salmon with just a little honey and lemon. Give me some rice on the side and stir fried vegetables and I will know that I am in heaven. I don't like cooking my salmon too long. It dries out too much. I don't cook with aluminum foil anymore because my daughter tells me that this is not healthy. This is a nice healthy meal that I wish I had right now.

Back
Top Bottom