What Are Your Favorite Ways To Season Chicken?

OhioTom76

Guru
Local time
9:38 PM
I was looking over some "Superbowl" recipes lately, and came across this dry rub recipe from a restaurant called Dinosaur BBQ in New York. This is known as their "red rub":

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2013/01/15/home-schooled-bbq-chicken-wings-recipe

One important thing to note, this calls for Smoked Paprika, whereas elsewhere I've seen this recipe listed with regular Paprika instead. Definitely do the Smoked Paprika with this. Overall this dry rub is fantastic! I tried it on some chicken legs this evening and cannot wait to use it on burgers and pork roasts.

It's just got the perfect balance of flavors across the board. A bold meaty smoky taste, without being way too hot and peppery, nor does it have too much sugar which some dry rubs do.

Otherwise, when I am in a hurry or just making some grilled chicken breasts for a salad or something like that, I tend to just use a modest amount of Morton Season-All along with some dried parsley flakes.

What are you're go to seasonings for Chicken?

My go to basic seasonings for every poultry dish are fresh pressed garlic, onions, finely chopped peppers and add that to a store bought (or you can home make it) spanish seasoning called Sofrito, top it off with some Sazon and some Adobo..and there you have it :)

Interesting that you mention smoked paprika, Tom - that's my favourite too. In fact, since I started using it, my regular paprika has lost its colour, it has sat on the shelf so long!

Back to the question, and my favourite chicken seasoning is a mix of olive oil, black pepper, parsley and smoked paprika. It works great with chicken breast fillets, and you only need to marinate it for around 30 minutes, although you can leave it longer for a stronger flavour. I find it gives the chicken a delicate flavour that you can't put your finger on, but you just know it's different to regular chicken. You can also add garlic to this, but I don't, as my husband isn't keen on garlic unless it's used in a sauce. He finds the flavour rather intense in marinades.

That rub sounds really great. I'll have to check out smoked paprika, I don't really enjoy the normal one but it's required in quite a lot of dishes!

When I cooked roasted chicken I would add whole cloves of garlic and springs of rosemary under the skin. I would sprinkle paprika on the skin. Delicious.

I love to use garlic and black pepper to season my chicken. The garlic gives the chicken a delicious flavor and the black pepper gives it a tiny spice or kick.
When my husband makes chicken, he also loves to use smoked paprika as others have mentioned. It really is delicious!
I occassionally use italian seasoning with olive oil for my chicken. It gives the chicken a real authentic italian flavor. I then serve it on an italian salad.
Also, I love to marinate my chicken in BBQ sauce. :)

Has anyone tried using honey to give a sweet taste to their chicken? I've never done it myself, but I used to buy chicken in honey marinade when I had access to them. Unfortunately I haven't found that here in France.

I love using homemade rubs from friends and family. I feel like they are better than any season packet I buy from the market. I like lemon pepper too. Add some lemon pepper and garlic to your chicken and it makes it instantly tasty.

I love chicken seasoned with mayo and then I stick some oat to it. It's also awesome when you put some honey on it. It tastes a bit sweet and mild.
Of course, spicy chicken is also great! It depends on what I'm feeling like at the time!

Has anyone tried using honey to give a sweet taste to their chicken? I've never done it myself, but I used to buy chicken in honey marinade when I had access to them. Unfortunately I haven't found that here in France.

OMG! Don't think otherwise but I just couldn't stop myself asking you this. How come you could try eating such combination of chicken with honey? That is purely a taste having two different platforms and I just can't think of it.

Actually, I once tried marinating chicken thighs with honey and mustard, before adding the standard coating of flour eggs and crumbs, and it was incredibly tasty. It might be a bit more work to do this, but it is definitely worth it. Honey and mustard as a combination is really good and not used very much, to marinate meat.

There are many ways!! One of my favorites is with honey and oat! It's delicious! You need to put some honey on the chicken, then "glue" the oat on it and put it in the oven. It's delicious!
I also like it spicy, and with just some lemon and garlic!

My favorite way to season chicken is just simple and that is to marinate it with salt, pepper, garlic and vinegar for long hours and then deep fry it and with a side dish of fresh tomatoes and spring onion and I already had a delicious chicken dish..

My favorite way to season chicken is just simple and that is to marinate it with salt, pepper, garlic and vinegar for long hours and then deep fry it and with a side dish of fresh tomatoes and spring onion and I already had a delicious chicken dish..

That sounds really good. Never tried seasoning chicken with vinegar. I usually just season it on the spot and fry it. I`ll have to check out marinating the meat and letting it sit for a while. Thanks for sharing.

I tend to make my own seasonings rather than buying the. Regular ingredients I use (not all together at the same time) are lemon, rosemary, thyme, garlic, black pepper and salt. These are the flavors I find work best. I have also used paprika or chilli when I am making something with a bit more of a kick to it. I have never tried smoked paprika so I might check this out.

Back
Top Bottom