What atrocious thing has made you sick of this winter weather and has you yearning for spring?!!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
5:11 AM
This is one wild, crazy, atrocious brutally snowy and cold winter that we are in, Especially along the Eastern Seaboard from Georgia to Maine!!!

Who is tired of it and is wanting to see spring here - like last week? I'll get SOME relief, because I'm going to Florida next month! Warmer temps would most certainly be a welcome change, considering having to deal with brutally artic cold air and then blizzard on top of blizzard for almost a month!

And to make things even worst, there is that driving brutal wind chill that is driving down temps and making it feel actually colder than it really is!!! Without that wind, of course, it wouldn't feel so rough out there!!

It has been more than just a roller coaster ride. It has been just too unbearable to even be out in or just to go to a convenience store around the corner!!

My car is completely buried in that snow out there, and every attempt to get it out has constantly been hampered by more friggen snow - in RECORD time!! Enough is enough!! I'm so sick to death of this ridiculousness now!! Winter has certainly wore out its welcome here, & spring just can't seem to get here fast enough! I want spring weather to come, or at least for temps to return to normal!! :mad:

Last edited:
We've had a pretty mild winter. Only a few frosts, and where we live just a few mm of snow once or twice...

And we're starting to have more and more days when the sun has decent strength in it. NT, who feels the cold less than me, has been working outside in a t shirt a couple of times.

The days ARE getting longer now.

Daylight Savings Time will be back in a little over 2 weeks. One of the sure signs that winter is on it's way outta here! Hopefully, next month will be a little bit more kinder to us and see warmer normal temps, which even THAT would be a welcome change!! :mad: :wink:

Our weather forecaster on the news this evening showed us the current cold blast in the States, you can keep that stuff!

The advantage of our maritime climate is that it's not that extreme. Yeah, we have random wild weather (more and more so as the climate warms) but generally it's pretty benign.

In fact this winter has really been too mild. A decent cold snap kills off bugs and stuff. As it is, we've still got chard growing, it's been growing all winter. I thought it was meant to die off at the end of the season!

Supposedly, we would say; if one does not like the NE weather, then wait 5 minutes and it'll change. Well, I'm still waiting for the change! :mad:

Supposedly, we would say; if one does not like the NE weather, then wait 5 minutes and it'll change. Well, I'm still waiting for the change! :mad:

Here in Manchester (and in many other parts of the nation) we say "If you can see the distant hills, it'll soon rain. If you can't see them, it's already raining."

It's the sunshine I miss - we spend months cooped-up indoors with the central heating on and dark (early) nights; spring puts that pep back in your step when the sun stays out longer. :sun:

At least over in the US you will get a spring and summer. Here in the UK all we have to look forward to are longer days with slightly warmer rain.

It's the longer evenings I miss,I know they are starting to get longer but when it gets dark at 4pm,in the summer you can get out in the evenings

Winter is freezing during the month of December last year and there are lots of snow here in our place at the same time in some occasion it is also raining that is why it is really very cold. And now the weather is becoming okay and there is always sunshine although it is still cold. But and I am waiting already the spring season to come like most of us here in our place is dreaming.

I'm just so sick to death of this ongoing continuous vicious cycle of bitterly cold weather every bloody weekend and into the start of the following week!!
The snow storms seem to have let up, but this exasperating frigid weather needs to just die and never come back!!! :mad:

To be honest I love the winter. The weather especially, I love the snow and have no issues with digging out my car or shoveling the drive. It's invigorating and I always marvel at what nature can bring. Even the cold weather doesn't bother me, if you dress appropriately with hats and mittens, etc, it's not that bad. I will say though my car has heated seats....so I know that's a big, big, thing that makes going out tolerable for me. The next thing I need to look into is a remote car starter, that would really help warm the car faster.

The one thing I will say that is awful about winter is all the horrendous viruses and sicknesses going around. We always get sick in the winter and it is a hard cycle to break because the kids pick up new colds at school every few weeks.

I'm in Florida now, getting a taste of summer!!
The weather here is nothing short of phenominal!! Sunny warm days with temps in the upper 70s!

And when I get back to Boston later this week, temps there will be in the mid to upper 40s!! Not exactly like the temps here, but hopefully, that exasperating bitterly cold weather that has had a vice-like grip on Boston is gone for good!!! :wink: :mad:

Anybody wants to swap USA winter / spring / summer / fall [autumn to us] for northern England cold wet winter / slightly less cold wet rest of year just let me know

Funnily enough that's my preferred temperature. I can dig on spring & fall but summer & winter where I've been this year is getting ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom