What Can I Do With This?

I found this at the Dollar store

View attachment 85742

I know that this is a popular seasoning, but I'm not familiar with Creole cooking...
It's a staple in my pantry. I used it tonight with lime juice, chili powder and a couple other things to marinate some chicken breasts for fajitas. Yum!

I think it would be fine with shrimp.or any seafood, really. I use it along with Old Bay in my shrimp boil.

IMG_1715.JPG

Oh_My_GAWD!!!
What a salt bomb!
I put a not too liberal of a sprinkling of this spice blend on our Salmon Fillet bound for the grill and geez! WAY TOO SALTY!!
The Rubbish Man comes on Wednesday and this is going with him!

Oh_My_GAWD!!!
What a salt bomb!
I put a not too liberal of a sprinkling of this spice blend on our Salmon Fillet bound for the grill and geez! WAY TOO SALTY!!
I have this gripe with many spice blends. They almost always have a lot of salt, which completely throws off my intuition for how much salt a dish needs. Nine times out of ten I just use base spices and herbs.

Unfortunately, if they did not have salt, consumers would complain its too bland and stop buying it. So unfortunately, almost all spice blends (at least here) have salt.

Normally, I make my own spice/herb blends with what I have on hand.
But I had heard so much about this product, saw it at the dollar store and figured for a buck, I'll try it.
It went to the trash bin!

All spice blends tend to be salty, but Tony C's goes over the top.

CD

All spice blends tend to be salty, but Tony C's goes over the top.

CD
Agreed.

View attachment 85921

Oh_My_GAWD!!!
What a salt bomb!

As I said I use it on smoked fish, but I guess I should have clarified that I then use that smoked fish to make a fish dip with mayo, cream cheese and assorted diced veggies with no more salt added because the fish is salty enough.

Agreed.

As I said I use it on smoked fish, but I guess I should have clarified that I then use that smoked fish to make a fish dip with mayo, cream cheese and assorted diced veggies with no more salt added because the fish is salty enough.
Exactly. When I use spice/seasoning blends that contain salt, I don't salt the food after. I like Tony's with a seafood cream sauce over pasta. I might add herbs but don't need any salt!

Back
Top Bottom