What cooking magazine do you read?

I used to also get a lot through trading in expiring air miles. I don't even remember which ones, because they were free and I normally wouldn't have chosen them otherwise.

Create could do us all a favor and get rid of Milk Street. Christopher Kimble does nothing but stand around and look like a dork. ATK and Cook's Country are so much better without him. I would love to see more "Mexico One Plate at a Time" with Rick Bayless. I wish Create would give the "Two Hot Tamales" a show.

Create could do us all a favor and get rid of Milk Street. Christopher Kimble does nothing but stand around and look like a dork. ATK and Cook's Country are so much better without him. I would love to see more "Mexico One Plate at a Time" with Rick Bayless. I wish Create would give the "Two Hot Tamales" a show.
I feel completely the opposite. I can't stomach ATK/CC without him.

The thing is, I'm not a fan of his personality. He's a bit of a smart-ass, but there's something about him standing there and having the "real" cooks explain a technique or a recipe to him that works for me. Without him, the show feels phony, because you've got cooks you've watched expertly preparing and explaining things for years, suddenly taking on the role of inquisitive newbie, "So tell me, why do you fold the egg whites in instead of just mixing them up?" - you know the answer to that, Bridgette! Quit pretending you don't!

Milk Street, though, is too flash and modern for me, though, so I don't like that show, either. I did get a free issue of the magazine, and it's a typical high-quality Chris Kimball product. I think he's agree that publishing is his first strength.

Craig, is that the one with the 2 older ladies?

I don't know if they are older, but they are Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken.
Oppps, that is not the one I was thinking of. lol These women were much older. One of them was a flirt. I only saw a few of their shows. Don't know what happened to it. I enjoyed it very much.

Found it, naturally the show is called "Food Flirts" lol Their sisters. Have you ever seen it.?

Back
Top Bottom