What did you cook/eat today (April 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finally cut the quatro (4) leche (milk) cake tonight. Wow, I like it so much better than the tres leche! What a difference a few changes made. Irish coffee accompanied it. Pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
Very low cal asparagus soup with a scant half teaspoon of cream and some soaked saffron strands swirled about. Fun!

Reminds me of a Canadian artist named Alex Janvier

muskeg-rhapsody.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Yorky - Sizzle plate for plating only? Gorgeous looking fondant potatoes - did you ever post them as a recipe?

Well, almost for plating only. I use the plate for applying the blowlamp but it is virtually cool enough to hold in the hand by the time the meat has rested.

I don't know if I posted the fondant potato recipe but the idea was initially posted on Cookingbites by @Rocklobster late last year I believe.

Today was the first hot, sunny Saturday of the year, so that means BBQ (well a small one anyway).

Introducing the Megaburner 4000 combining the awesome grilling power of a moderate fan heater and the longevity of a sparkler. The only choice for the outdoor chef who demands their chicken slightly undercooked.
20180421_180241.jpg

The results were pretty good though, lamb and veg kebabs with couscous snd roast onion hummus.
20180421_180545.jpg

The starter was a retro epic too.
20180421_173656.jpg

Introducing the Megaburner 4000 combining the awesome grilling power of a moderate fan heater and the longevity of a sparkler. The only choice for the outdoor chef who demands their chicken slightly undercooked.

:laugh: Who needs a Big Green Egg? Lovely results! I like the retro starter.

Toasted sandwiches.

2 x Tuna, onion & cheddar for the boys each.
2 x Goats cheese, tomato & salami for the girl.

I had a bowl of caponata with a single goats cheese toasty.

I bought a new electric jaffle iron yesterday.

Looks lovely - no gravy?

No. It would spoil all the work that I put into the honey glaze. A honey gravy would have been excessive for my taste and a bog standard pork gravy would overpower it. The pork was juicy enough without and, of course, I had a beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom