What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today,was a traditional Vietnamese tiny very reasonably priced lunch. Nothing fancy however, there were some interesting tiny dishes plus freshly caught prawns .. And the open air terrace is absolutely lovely ..

VIETNAMESEFRANCESCAMARSEILLEA20150621_140513.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Today,was a traditional Vietnamese tiny very reasonably priced lunch. Nothing fancy however, there were some interesting tiny dishes plus freshly caught prawns .. And the open air terrace is absolutely lovely ..

View attachment 10085

Vietnamese food can be very interesting. Whereabouts in France are you eating?

The dish at the bottom looks strangely like a very Western pasta, peas and ham dish!

Vietnamese food can be very interesting. Whereabouts in France are you eating?

The dish at the bottom looks strangely like a very Western pasta, peas and ham dish!

@morning glory

1 Street from Vieux Port in Marseille ..

It was egg with peas and ham. I had a fork bite to taste it and I did not like it .. I only had the dish on right which is difficult to see, but it was fresh prawns with broccoli and a bite of the
"egg roll" .. The tourists like the meat dish on my left .. But I only had a fork bite to taste. I
have a photo of the prawns & broccoli and shall post it later .. I must go ..

There was a separte noodle dish too ( can barely see from photo on right ) .. That was good.

This was a set menú .. I had eaten there before and it was quite good actually so it was a disappointment. Should have gone to the other venue located near Vieux Port also that is situated in a palatial building .. They also own a Thai restaurant further east on the coast, north of Kennedy ( Boulevard ) ..

This was a 1st .. I believe a they changed chefs ..

Last edited:
At this point, I was a bit disappointed and so, here is what i ate: A Vietnamese prawn and broccoli dish ..

View attachment 10089

That looks OK. Its a shame when you go to a restaurant and it isn't as good as expected or as remembered. Which reminds me that I must post about that lunch in Purnell's in Birmingham!

That looks OK. Its a shame when you go to a restaurant and it isn't as good as expected or as remembered. Which reminds me that I must post about that lunch in Purnell's in Birmingham!

@morning glory

This is the 1st time this has happened to me as I am normally so precise in my note taking .. However, chefs do change venues and there are mis-haps ..

The tour group enjoyed themselves, which is my real concern ..

We all had a great dinner to make up for it !!!

Have a lovely day ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom