What did you cook/eat today (February 2018)?

A treat from @Lullabelle tonight as I've been to Manchester on business today.

Sausage, Stornaway black pudding, egg, beans and chips. @Yorky I was thinking of you as I mopped up the last bit of egg yolk with some crispy black pudding.:happy:

20180201_175313.jpg

Last edited:
Nope. My wife isn't a big fan of Lamb. She uses ground beef, fresh green beans, onions, celery, homemade mash potatoes and a few other things.

Its a great winter meal!!!

Nope. My wife isn't a big fan of Lamb. She uses ground beef, fresh green beans, onions, celery, homemade mash potatoes and a few other things.

Its a great winter meal!!!

Technically, this isn't a Shepherd's Pie, then (the clue is in the name) :D. Its a Cottage Pie. Just as good!

@detroitdad
Both dishes look great. Very mouth watering.

Thank you. The beef stew could have been thicker. I ran out of corn starch. The flavors were some of the best that I have ever eaten in a stew. I didn't use any recipes. I put veggies/seasonings that I like. I cooked it low and slow all day. WOW..........

I used a pre made pie crust for the Chicken Pot Pie. I think something along the lines of filo??? dough would have been better.

Thank you. The beef stew could have been thicker. I ran out of corn starch. The flavors were some of the best that I have ever eaten in a stew. I didn't use any recipes. I put veggies/seasonings that I like. I cooked it low and slow all day. WOW..........

I used a pre made pie crust for the Chicken Pot Pie. I think something along the lines of filo??? dough would have been better.

Beef stew really benefits from low slow cooking :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with pre made pie crust. Filo can be a pain to work with and may not be sturdy enough for such a robust filling.

SIL gave me a recipe once for a "mock" puff pastry. It was not a true puff pastry because it was not folded near as many times as the real deal. In other words something a non baker like me could make successfully. I can not find it! :hyper: Have to get her to send it to me again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom