What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg, I love pulpo. I've never had it with risotto, though. That looks fantastic!

Thanks a lot @buckytom :)... I really love both octopus and risotto. If then is risotto with fish or only octopus I go crazy. But this recipe I think goes very well with the pasta too (not short pasta)

Last edited:
Yorky, do you know what species of mackerel those were? (Yes, I know, the fried kind) :)

A mixed veg curry
P1000825.JPG

Unfortunately, that is accurate. The kitchen is scheduled to go in about one month. We do the demo, wiring next week, then dry wall and painting in by next weekend. Then they come back again and measure the finished walls. Then it is two weeks for manufacturing the actual cabinets. Then, they come and install. After that I have another few days to install fan, stove, dishwasher, etc...then, paint the walls in the rest of the kitchen. When you live in a small town with no good restaurants, that's a lot of crappy take out, paper plates and Rolaids...

WUt5R3C.jpg

When I had a new kitchen installed I set up a little temporary kitchen in the basement: microwave, a slow-cooker, toaster and mini oven/grill (plus kettle). It was surprising what I managed to cook. In fact, I cooked all sorts of things including curry.

My kitchen took ten days to install (flooring, tiling, units and installing the appliances) including ripping out and disposing of the old kitchen. Its a small kitchen but that is the normal turn around time from the store I used (they do all the work). It cost quite a lot of money... well about £6000... ouch.

I tend to do a temporary kitchen in the summer. Slow cooker, large toaster oven (or small oven)(it fits a 9 by 13 pan), microwave, steamer, deep fryer and grill. I try to avoid the stove on very hot days.

Today will be something with steaks.

Yorky, do you know what species of mackerel those were? (Yes, I know, the fried kind) :)

I have no idea. They are freshwater (we are 500 km from the nearest saltwater) and my wife calls them tuna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom