What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just taken 3 trays of oat & almond biscuits from the oven. Guests mean lots of tea & coffee will be consumed over the weekend. Need something to serve with it.

It's going to be take out for the next few weeks. We have ripped out the old kitchen and are putting in a new one. Between waiting for cabinet maker measuring, electrician, dry wallers, weekends, painters, it is going to be about 6 weeks..will be making a few dinners at the deli and bringing them home to eat..

Today he got off early so we went to Furrs. We had chicken fried steak, pan fries with cream gravy. He had cucumbers, fried okra, broccoli and a piece of I think custard pie.
I had a carrot casserole, strawberry peaches and bananas and a bit of cherry cobbler.
Note to self: don't do that combination again. Too much sweet.

It's going to be take out for the next few weeks months. We have ripped out the old kitchen and are putting in a new one...
There, Roch, I fixed it for you. :eek: Gosh, I hope that's only in jest! I hope your kitchen renovation goes smoothly and you're back to tossing veggies around in your own home kitchen instead at the deli.

Last edited:
Another round of running errands today, and we still have a few leftovers to finish. We had corned beef Reuben sandwiches, and then hubby had a second sandwich made with the store-bought pastrami. I think I'll have a glass of wine for a late dessert...

Sambal udang.

sauteed prawns s.jpg

sambal udong 1 s.jpg

There, Roch, I fixed it for you. :eek: Gosh, I hope that's only in jest! I hope your kitchen renovation goes smoothly and you're back to tossing veggies around in your own home kitchen instead at the deli.
Unfortunately, that is accurate. The kitchen is scheduled to go in about one month. We do the demo, wiring next week, then dry wall and painting in by next weekend. Then they come back again and measure the finished walls. Then it is two weeks for manufacturing the actual cabinets. Then, they come and install. After that I have another few days to install fan, stove, dishwasher, etc...then, paint the walls in the rest of the kitchen. When you live in a small town with no good restaurants, that's a lot of crappy take out, paper plates and Rolaids...

WUt5R3C.jpg

Last edited:
Omg, I love pulpo. I've never had it with risotto, though. That looks fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom