Not open for further replies.

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
2:01 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Each month, we start a new thread called "What did you cook/eat today?"

Tell what you have cooked or eaten on that day. As simple as that. The thread is simply to show what you have prepared and/or eaten because it varies so much from person to person and from country to country. Feel free to cover any snack that you have eaten during the day.

And we love to see photos of you have them. (Don't worry about quality or if your presentation is lacking, this is ordinary everyday meals and snacks. No-one is judging you.)

Last edited:
To follow on from the April thread:

Frizz1974 said:
So, @Yorky do you make the naan yourself and freeze or buy them in?

This was my latest effort at making my own.

naan.jpg

I was planning on samosa spring rolls tomorrow but my wife has commandeered the remainder of the fresh coriander to include in some horrendous dish that she appears to be cooking. I'm sat outside on the front stoep but even with the doors closed (but not the windows), I'm coughing and sneezing and my eyes are watering!
If I can breath later, I will take a photograph and explain what it is.

This is it. I shall not be trying it. Dried fish cooked in nam ngeaw curry paste (from the north west of Thailand) with various grass leaves.

fish curry s.jpg

And glass noodles.

Last edited:
This is it. I shall not be trying it. Dried fish cooked in nam ngeaw curry paste (from the north west of Thailand) with various grass leaves.

View attachment 15875

It looks delicious to me - I love those transparent noodles - is that what they are. I could do some beautiful things with those which would photograph brilliantly. Do you know what they are called?

It looks delicious to me - I love those transparent noodles - is that what they are. I could do some beautiful things with those which would photograph brilliantly. Do you know what they are called?

Funnily enough, I only just noticed them myself and edited the post. They are glass noodles.

We make a soup with pork meatballs and glass noodles which is really good.

@The Velvet Curtain, the stone crab claws we purchase in the US have to be cooked before being sold. The ones my buddy brought back from the Bahamas about a month ago were flash frozen raw and we cooked them from frozen. I couldn't tell the difference in taste or texture.

Funnily enough, I only just noticed them myself and edited the post. They are glass noodles.

The glass noodles I've seen here don't look like that - they are sort of flatter and not nearly as transparent. Your's are beautiful - I'll have to look on line.

...they are made from mung beans I've just learned. Found some on-line but not in any of the supermarkets here.

The glass noodles I've seen here don't look like that - they are sort of flatter and not nearly as transparent. Your's are beautiful - I'll have to look on line.

You do realize you have to soak them in water before use? As you can see from Craig's picture, they are much thinner and whitish before soaking. They are also very brittle.

I went back to my old neighbourhood last night to get a sausage and hot peoper parm hero from one of the best pizza joints on the planet.

However, in typical New Jersey fashion, you sort of risk your life getting into and out of the parking lot.

The shop is tucked right in on the edge of 2 major highways, next to the on/off ramp of their cloverleaf (we don't have roundabouts where 2 highways intersect here, but rather higher speed road loops that look like a 4 leaf clover from above). So, you are fighting both entering and exiting traffic at roughly 90 km/hr in the lane to get into the parking lot. You almost have to drift at a right angle to make the turn.

But it is worth it. Fantastic pizza, calzones, heroes, and zeppoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom