What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

French onion soup. I decided to cut the bread up and make croutons.
20240428_185100.jpg

Hubby cooked. I think I've managed to ditch the usual Saturday night meal! :woot:

He cooked a Tuscan stew that's "accidentally vegan". He's renamed it to the everything and anything stew. Several veg items (butternut squash, potatoes and the greens, plus the herbs) are from the garden.

20240427_180953.jpg

It was also last night's evening meal.

Brunch was poached eggs over corned beef hash, home fries, and Grands biscuits. What I like about my poached eggs is the whites separate from the yolks. So they come out like little balls of runny yolk, which I prefer over the whites.

brunch_042824_1_img_2614-jpg.jpg

Dinner was Shabu Hot Pot Buffet. No pictures.

Brunch was poached eggs over corned beef hash, home fries, and Grands biscuits. What I like about my poached eggs is the whites separate from the yolks. So they come out like little balls of runny yolk, which I prefer over the whites.

View attachment 112956

Dinner was Shabu Hot Pot Buffet. No pictures.
I'd like that too. Do you deliberately separate them? If so what method do you use?

I'd like that too. Do you deliberately separate them? If so what method do you use?
I add salt and some white vinegar to the water. When water boils, I just swirl the water and drop the eggs into the middle of the swirl. Leave undisturbed for 2 1/2 minutes, then remove from water with a slotted spoon. Don't know why they separate, but I'm happy. LOL

Another fridge-cleaner:

IMG_8176.jpeg

Started with potatoes seasoned with some German fried potato seasoning, then added onion and bell pepper, a leftover Irish sausage, some slightly tangy Irish cheddar, and a quick-scrambled egg for good measure.

Back
Top Bottom