What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using chopsticks off and on for about 20 odd years now and have become quite adept when eating some dishes. However, slippery wontons are out of my ability zone. Staying in some hotels and eating in restaurants in the backwaters of China have helped.
In your defense, plastic chopsticks are the hardest to use: they're just too smooth for effectively grabbing some food!
I actually prefer the disposable bamboo chopsticks most.

Roast corn-fed chicken:

6036F3F7-56BF-4054-8881-3C0C1A2F73DA.jpeg

I've been using chopsticks off and on for about 20 odd years now and have become quite adept when eating some dishes. However, slippery wontons are out of my ability zone. Staying in some hotels and eating in restaurants in the backwaters of China have helped.

I’m of Chinese descent and have been using chopsticks since I was a small kid. But when it comes to slippery wontons I use the chopsticks to impale them and lift them to my mouth.

Sorry O Heavenly ancestors…

I’m of Chinese descent and have been using chopsticks since I was a small kid. But when it comes to slippery wontons I use the chopsticks to impale them and lift them to my mouth.

We have a variety. Stainless steel, plastic and bamboo. We have also accumulated a number of unused disposable bamboo chopsticks which have accompanied carry oots.

1630417973170.jpeg

Last edited:
In your defense, plastic chopsticks are the hardest to use: they're just too smooth for effectively grabbing some food!
I actually prefer the disposable bamboo chopsticks most.

I deplore plastic chop sticks. The bamboo chop sticks are absolutely the best way to go. You also need to learn how to hold the sticks. It's not just a matter of pinch holding them. The positioning of the middle, third fingers and thumb cradle the sticks and the index finger is used to open and close them, pivoted around the top of the thumb. Hold the sticks about 1/3 down.

How To Hold Chop Sticks

Tacos for mom's 51 bday
Happy birthday to you mom - and hope you enjoy the festivities as well, Lissa C. Your mom is two years younger than me :cool:.
We just had some Parm for an unhealthy evening/night snack. We waited until midnight to check whether certain concert tickets would be available - but darn, they'll start selling them at 10 am.

Oh, but this hit the spot:

Brat burger with mustard and cheese, skillet-fried potatoes with bacon, onion, peppers, and garlic, and some steamed broccoli and carrots that were getting a little past it, with dill and a lot of butter.

And here it is in motion:

I love seeing pics of food being cooked, and the people cooking it.

I learned to use sticks and a bowl when I was a kid in Liverpool. It has the oldest Chinese community in Europe. I only use them in restaurants, This one was in Serbia
1630462890435.png
1630462993719.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom