What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 111

Just realised eli is 11. Not 8 that is jonty.
Doh.

Russ
When we were kids and out running around with Dad, he’d occasionally bump into someone he knew, and they’d say, “An’ who’s this li’l feller ya got with ya here?”

Dad would say, “That’s mah least’un, Tasty. He’s…he’s…don’ jus’ stand there like an idjit, tell the man how old ya are!” - and we’d get a smack in the back of the head. :laugh:

When we were kids and out running around with Dad, he’d occasionally bump into someone he knew, and they’d say, “An’ who’s this li’l feller ya got with ya here?”

Dad would say, “That’s mah least’un, Tasty. He’s…he’s…don’ jus’ stand there like an idjit, tell the man how old ya are!” - and we’d get a smack in the back of the head. :laugh:

I laughed more than I should have just then. My wifes 1 of 9. Her mother used to name 5 or 6 til she got the right one.
Was funny to sit and listen to her.

Russ

I laughed more than I should have just then. My wifes 1 of 9. Her mother used to name 5 or 6 til she got the right one.

Russ
That was my mom and all my grandparents! It didn’t help that our first names (six of us) all begin with the same letter!

Last night’s Hello Fresh dinner, roasted veg with seasoned beef, sour cream, cheese and chipotle sauce.

The pickled jalapeños were homemade but waaaay to spicy for me (which was weird because normally I handle spice just fine!). Husband ended up with them.
IMG_8545.jpeg

Russ

Just do what George Foreman did, name all your boys George (he has ten kids, five boys and five girls).

"I tell people, "If you're going to get hit as many times as I've been hit by Mohammad Ali, Joe Frazier, Ken Norton, Evander Holyfield, you're not going to remember many names."

CD

Today was our monthly housecleaners day, so DH & I went to a new-to-us well, kinda-sorta, place for breakfast. (We've had dinner with our Neighborhood Pals, now we want to try lunch too!)

IMG_3435.JPG

Let's get this party started! YEAH!
This is the healthiest pour of Mimosa I have ever seen!!!

IMG_3436.JPG

We each ordered an omelette, mine is filled with Sausage Crumbles, Pepper Jack Cheese, Mushrooms and Onions with Sourdough Toast and lovely salted Butter-very nice and soft I might add ... DH requested Ham & Swiss only please, Rye Toast-dry, thank you.
And let me tell y'all about that house made Salsa on the side, WHOOO_WEEEE!
The Hash Browns were cooked perfectly! (SSHHHH! Don't tell DH, but I think they're cooked Butter or Ghee, delish!)
We both agreed we need to go back ... the table next to us ordered the 4-piece French Toast Breakfast with real Maple Syrup (or Blueberry Syrup), 2 eggs and Bacon (or Ham or Sausage) ... That looked like enough for both of us! This place is quite generous. I took home half of my meal, DH ate ALL of his!! :giggle:

Saw a product at Target, tomato, garlic, fresh basil, calabrian chili paste so I got some. Mixed it with a bit of vodka and honey and used it as a base on a flatbread pizza. Mozzarella and ParmR cheese, caramelized onions, pepperoni and Italian sausage. They came out pretty darn good. I'll add some fresh basil or maybe arugula next time.

20231209_181805.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom