What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that’s not everyone’s idea of “proper” chili (con carne), but when I order chili…that’s exactly what I want. It was excellent, and I ordered a cup and they brought me a bowl.

To paraphrase George Santos, pro athlete, Rhodes Scholar and inventor of the iPhone, "I never said it is chili, it is chili-ish."

CD

Last edited:
4 lamb chops trimmed my way. Cabbage cooked in butter. And roastys.

Russ

20231207_161336.jpg

20231207_161340.jpg

20231207_161346.jpg

I was really excited because earlier this week I had a couple of work holiday parties, and each one was held at a different vegan restaurant.

First one, I had a 9-layer burrito with sweet potato fries:
IMG_8537.jpeg

Second one, a delicious tofu bowl - grain blend (and I want to know how they made it so delicious), pineapple salsa, grilled pineapple, crispy tofu, veggies, edamame, and tortilla chips. Positively delicious.

IMG_8540.jpeg

Made a glazed ham using a classic Margaret Fulton recipe. Margaret Fulton (RIP) wrote some iconic recipe books here in Australia back in the late 60's, early 70's. The recipe for this ham using stout as a base for the glaze is actually now in our Australian National Archive.

P1170335fb.jpg

P1170336 - frame at 0m18sfb.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZwGizWoPfo

My sister went out for dinner, again... another TexMex restaurant.

I stayed at her house and made breakfast for dinner -- breakfast tacos on fresh HEB tortillas.

CD

If she says she doesn’t want fish and chips, go get it anyway and when you bring it back, say, “What? That’s chips and fish.” :wink:

I just spoke to her and dropped the fnc words. She said we'll see.?
She has 3 hrs to think what suits her.
She weighs up calories so ????

Russ

My sister went out for dinner, again... another TexMex restaurant.

I stayed at her house and made breakfast for dinner -- breakfast tacos on fresh HEB tortillas.

CD
Does she ever cook? Surely growing up your mum would have taught her???
Hell at 9 or 10 I was helping mum. :)

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom