What did you cook or eat today (February 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner last night was homemade cheese, potato, and onion blintzes with sour cream, and apple sauce on the side.

blintz_021624_1_img_2403-jpg.jpg

We got takeout last night, lasagna for Craig and pasta Alfredo for me, plus garlic rolls. We got LOTS of extra garlic rolls because they way underestimated the time for the food to be ready, as did other takeout orders.

Tonight was mojo pork stew. Pork cubes with onions, garlic, carrots, little Yukon Golds, and mushrooms with obviously mojo, chicken broth, cumin, salt and pepper.

I didn't get hardly anything done I had planned for today. We had to make an unexpected trip to the vet this morning.

We got takeout last night, lasagna for Craig and pasta Alfredo for me, plus garlic rolls. We got LOTS of extra garlic rolls because they way underestimated the time for the food to be ready, as did other takeout orders.

Tonight was mojo pork stew. Pork cubes with onions, garlic, carrots, little Yukon Golds, and mushrooms with obviously mojo, chicken broth, cumin, salt and pepper.

I didn't get hardly anything done I had planned for today. We had to make an unexpected trip to the vet this morning.

I cant find that thread???

Russ

I made a carrot cake that is diabetic friendly for my nephew's wife who is 7 months pregnant and was recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Apparently she loves carrot cake. This was challenging because I hate carrot cake lol. This turned out pretty good considering. Her birthday is tomorrow, hope she likes it .

It's not the prettiest thing but I am not a baker even with regular sugary stuff...

20240218_002551.jpg

Just some red cabbage, carrot, beetroot & apple soup and a sausage roll each.

20240218_175957.jpg
20240218_180000.jpg

Diet restarts tomorrow now that I'm almost over covid. I need to get the weight off that I've put on having been on high doses of 2 different steroids since last October, so no more peanut butter on toast for lunch.

Just some red cabbage, carrot, beetroot & apple soup and a sausage roll each.

View attachment 110157View attachment 110158

Diet restarts tomorrow now that I'm almost over covid. I need to get the weight off that I've put on having been on high doses of 2 different steroids since last October, so no more peanut butter on toast for lunch.
Sorry to hear it!:hug:you put in so much hard work!

We're in the same boat, I gained weight from the reuma meds they put me on. Rheumatologist says it's a rare but known side effect. I've got my first appointment with an RD next thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom