What did you cook/eat today (January 2020)?

My first post in this thread, and it was dinner last night so no photos (although I will know for future). Too hot and too tired to cook anything much, so I caramelised some red onions in oil & balsamic, added quartered cherry tomatoes and some harissa and cooked it out, then poured into on a large dollop of hummus and ate it with crusty pita bread washed down with a cheeky pinot grigio

Watching mr7 for arvo and night. Took him to skater park with his scooter. Then he decided he was hungry, wanted mcds happy meal but with a Big Mac instead. $12.90 just for him. He's worth it,lol.
I'll get something later.

Russ

i'm just in the process of writing up this new recipe. It's one from a book called Mango Soup and just took our fancy as something a little different from cold soups. The weather, particularly the temperature this last week has been pegged back by the air polution from the way too many bushfires. No rain yet mind you!

As always, the soya yoghurt and the Staffordshire Oatcakes are home-made.
Recipe - Pomegranate Yoghurt Rice

Fried noodles ( bami goreng)

My first post in this thread, and it was dinner last night so no photos (although I will know for future). Too hot and too tired to cook anything much, so I caramelised some red onions in oil & balsamic, added quartered cherry tomatoes and some harissa and cooked it out, then poured into on a large dollop of hummus and ate it with crusty pita bread washed down with a cheeky pinot grigio

Sounds lovely to me! I'm a great fan of harissa.

Back
Top Bottom