What did you cook or eat today (July 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, yes it is. According to murphyscreek that what Aussie's call them. Did you have the thunder and lighten yesterday evening one clap of thunder was so load the windows shook. We were going to go to Split Pride but the rain was torrential, we stayed in and watched a Joan Crawford movie.
Oh it is good to know. Whoo woow...that is scary how loud...well the rain was spectacular the few morning hours...then it stopped,afternoon was dry and walkable, but very heavy, probably humidity and pressure...

There was very little and far away thunder ladt night, but my bf texted me it is roaring...he is 25 km to the west...no more rain though...

caseydog the Tain has stopped so I went outside, chillies, plants are near the end. Longest we've had them.

Russ

We were supposed to go to Schützenfest, but we didn't quite make it (and judging from what MrsT is seeing on FB, it's a good thing - crowds so large, they had to turn people away), so I made a fest meal at home:

View attachment 67563

View attachment 67564

Knock/Knackwurst, Schwaben-style sauerkraut, and spätzle. The kraut is made with grated potato and grated apple, juniper berries, and some of the wine we drank with it (gewürztraminer). I added sliced potatoes to make MrsT's day.

The spätzle, I boiled that in a weak chicken broth, then tossed it in butter and bacon fat.

To quote my wife, "...and that's why I married you!" :laugh:

PabloLerntKochen - as our resident German...how'd I do? :)
Ahaaa, there is my answer😊,some differences in ingredients...Spaetzle we would not traditionally do. Either square pasta called krpice(=cloth rags in deminution) or potatoes cooked,baked, even mashed potatoes.

Beef thigh ( there must be a better wording for this) marinated with onion slices,salt and sunflower oil ( as recommended by my bf), fried and cooked in veg stock with the onions, for kid.
Spanish rice,my take, I love this richness of flavour. Bell peppers red and yellow, onion, coriander powder, china spices mix. Salad.

Later kid had strawb and choc ice cream in a red (strawb taste) cone...

I had coffee with soy vanilla milk. Peach and passion fruit yoghurt.

Monday night so a quick tea, and not a lot. Salmon on toast.
We get John west salmon ex Canada in small tins, about a 1/3 of a normal can. We tip into a saucer add pepper and capful malt vinegar, mash then spread on toast. I've been eating it for 30 or 40 years.
Glass of milk as well. Yummy.

Russ

The cayenne peppers I grow are VERY much like the Thai chili peppers I buy at the asian grocery store.

These are the Thai hot chilli peppers that are available here:

016.jpg

And the birds eye chillis (prik kee noo - "mouse droppings")

002.jpg

Both red and green cayenne peppers ....

...and anaheim peppers are available at times. I haven't seen jalapeños outside of Bangkok. Sun dried That hot red chillis are plentyfull.​

That's about it.

These are the Thai hot chilli peppers that are available here:

And the birds eye chillis (prik kee noo - "mouse droppings")

View attachment 67577

Both red and green cayenne peppers ....

View attachment 67575

...and anaheim peppers are available at times. I haven't seen jalapeños outside of Bangkok. Sun dried That hot red chillis are plentyfull.​

That's about it.

The cayenne peppers I grow in my garden are longer than than the ones in your second photo. I will snap a picture when the sun is up if I don't forget. They look a lot more like your Thai chilis in your first photo.

CD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom