What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First xl portion of green/mint tea. 5.30 am. Also using the root of althaea officinalis as nose drops. Unsure if this is Marshmallow? Hence the latin.

Will be doing a bread pudding inbetween classes(online today also). Have some leftover bread.

Simple Bread Pudding Recipe

And am looking into red ginger making. Maybe not today, as my energy is scarce, but these days.

Planning on a Soba noodles soup for lunch. Have all except ginger, will ask kid to fetch.

My Soba soup. So enjoyable. Soba felt so silky in my hands.

Easy Soba Noodle Soup Recipe - Cozy Winter Soup Recipe

Without ginger as kid had to study biology, and I had classes, and did not feel like going out just yet.

Sort of normal drained after 6 morning classes, nose opened up significantly upon green onion essences. Food can heal.

Just in case it was the garlic that wiped out the fever, another fresh garlic alongside toms and tofu. Sweet chilli sauce.

Very happy with the lunch. Later coffee with coconut milk, resting and afternoon classes.

Bread pudding.
Compact. Very mild in sweetness, two tablespoons sugar(brown)...like it a lot. Crunch on the tops. Milky caramely buttery custard. Added liquid vanilla. Nice scent.

Did not have time to decorate, looks like a mess, but it is really good.

Leftover bread was part rye, part brown wheat.

Light fever up again since 4 pm. Took med. Eyes watering...nose too.

Two or three more classes and done.

Three signs that spring is in the air:

1. The birds are chirping.

2. Flowers are in bloom.

3. I have just started my first ceviche of the year:

2A3D2998-B69A-4499-8178-1D0853F0BE9D.jpeg

This is pangasius - an Asian catfish - swimming in a blend of juiced orange, lime, lemon, and grapefruit, with cilantro, red onion, and serrano peppers mixed in. For those unfamiliar with a ceviche, the acidity of the citrus "cooks" the fish.

Fun fact: this is a breed that is rampant in restaurants that try to pass it off as grouper. I hadn't heard of it until I bought some from my local fishmonger. Here's an article about restaurants in Florida that are being caught doing this:

https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/DA/20080106/News/606099880/TL

Three signs that spring is in the air:

1. The birds are chirping.

2. Flowers are in bloom.

3. I have just started my first ceviche of the year:

View attachment 63223

This is pangasius - an Asian catfish - swimming in a blend of juiced orange, lime, lemon, and grapefruit, with cilantro, red onion, and serrano peppers mixed in. For those unfamiliar with a ceviche, the acidity of the citrus "cooks" the fish.

Fun fact: this is a breed that is rampant in restaurants that try to pass it off as grouper. I hadn't heard of it until I bought some from my local fishmonger. Here's an article about restaurants in Florida that are being caught doing this:

https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/DA/20080106/News/606099880/TL
Interesting! But the link does not open to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom