What did you cook or eat today (November 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on my way out, because I'm cooking a curry for an English bloke on his birthday! (and I thought I was the only Englishman left)
Typical "Curry Inn" menu: Samosas, Chicken Tikka Masala, Rogan Josh (slow cooked lamb marinated in yoghurt and spices), basmati, dhal, aloo saag (potatoes with spinach) , Naan bread and Raita. Let's see how it goes!

Nothing makes a Brit feel like he's back "home" like Indian food. :scratchhead:

CD

What did you cook for dinner? Today I cooked potato stuffing, a cool combination of cobs, meat and tomato paste:
khoresh gheymeh recipe.jpg

instruction-khoresh gheymeh.jpg

Just on my way out, because I'm cooking a curry for an English bloke on his birthday! (and I thought I was the only Englishman left)
Typical "Curry Inn" menu: Samosas, Chicken Tikka Masala, Rogan Josh (slow cooked lamb marinated in yoghurt and spices), basmati, dhal, aloo saag (potatoes with spinach) , Naan bread and Raita. Let's see how it goes!

Sounds right up my alley. :)

Russ

10 am here and rain all day. I took out big chunk of roast beef I have in freezer. Also frozen egg whites my wife froze after making brulees. Whipped up a pavlova. Its cooking now.
Roast beef and veges later. My home made Yorkshire puds. Peas and gravy.
Kids approved of the meal.
Kiwifruit ready for topping pavlova.

Russ

Flat Iron steak came up in a discussion the other day, so I pulled one out of the freezer for supper tonight. Sous vide, then seared in butter in a cast iron pan. A side of mashed spuds. That's hot butter from the pan on the bottom of the plate, with some meat juices.

That steak cost me about 6 bucks, and it is as tender and juicy as Filet Mignon, but has more beef flavor.

1699160149283.jpeg

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom