What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only more people possessed Humanity.
After my Dad died Mum lived on her own till she was 95 yrs. We lived about an hour away. Her close friend and younger neighbor would have tea with her every morning. It was a bad winter, I was in a board meeting at about 12.00. It was her friend, Mum had not answered the door and the curtains were still closed. I told her to call the cops. I arrived just as they were breaking down the door. Mum was walking back to her bedroom to dress from the bathroom when she collapsed and split her head open on the corridor radiator. She had left her panic button downstairs. From the blood trail she then crawled to the bedroom pulled the duvet on top of her and then crawled up against the bedroom radiator. Her blood and hair had congealed into the carpet. The ambulance men and Cops cur the carpet so the could remove it in hospital.
She got back to normal, apologized for the stress she had caused. Refused to move in with us and asked us to find a care home. We did, she had 4 very happy years there. They had a brilliant young Chef who had been trained at the five star Grosvenor Hotel Chester. Mum really liked him. His afternoon teas were not as elaborate for obvious reasons but delicious . It reminded her of Dad who took her their once a week. Afternoon Tea Party Chester | Traditional Afternoon Tea…
Burt - so touching and heart breaking. How blessed you were that your Mum survived her fall and lived for another 4 years. A reminder to all of us to love our parents. Thank you for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom