What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roast pheasant with bread sauce. Served with roast potatoes and carrots, and a sauce made from the meat juices with added wine, cream and stem ginger - an inspired creation of my wife's.View attachment 49574
I cooked similar. Though yours looks much better. Roast pheasant. Bread sauce. Roasted parsnips, carrots and potatoes. Sprouts. At the bottom of the halogen oven I had apple, onion, juniper, bay and stock that I zapped and sieved at the end to make a gravy.

I thought it needed a punch. I expect the cider Morning Glory recommended would have fixed that. I'll try a bit of pomegranate molasses in the gravy for the leftovers.

I'm thinking cranberry stuffing next time.

I cooked similar. Though yours looks much better. Roast pheasant. Bread sauce. Roasted parsnips, carrots and potatoes. Sprouts. At the bottom of the halogen oven I had apple, onion, juniper, bay and stock that I zapped and sieved at the end to make a gravy.

I thought it needed a punch. I expect the cider Morning Glory recommended would have fixed that. I'll try a bit of pomegranate molasses in the gravy for the leftovers.

I'm thinking cranberry stuffing next time.

I'm cooking my pheasant today and will post photos in the November thread.

Pork schnitzel.
por_2.png

Last edited:
pomegranate molasses in the gravy
That should work. A similar kick to the crystallised ginger my wife used.
I was suprised pheasant was not more expensive. Mine was £4 a bird.
Sorry, I meant the total cost of the meal divided by two. The pheasant was £5 odd (a plump hen), the rest of the ingredients were a few pounds. One plump hen was enough for two.

Gott in Himmel Hermers is that mutant green sper...................coat please
Nb date of creation please?
What's wrong with my schnitzel, Burt? Ich verstehe nicht (= I don't understand) :geek:.

Photo source
Do you consider large canned capers mutant or what? They're everyday stuff here - very good with e.g. carpaccio.

Oh, you meant the subject association logo of my hubby's faculty (been there, seen that) :D.
sy.jpg

Just think about the everyday talk of Karelian pies/pirogs.
karj.jpg

Photo source

When single back in the day, I like to cook on the second date(i'm a gentleman) my coup de grace was a crepe folded over stiff meringue mixed with pureed raspberry's. I would then place it under a hot grill. The meringue would start to cook and expand opening the crepe to expose ..... you forgot my umbrella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom