What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is still 1.5 hours until September, here. So I haven't officially cooked or eaten anything in September, 2020.

I'll get back to you.

CD

Okay, it's now the first here. I woke up hungry, and did not want to cook. I went to McD's, and had two Sausage McMuffin with egg sandwiches, and a cup of black coffee. That should easily cover me until dinner tonight. I probably used up just about my entire daily allowance of salt. Dinner will have to be very low sodium.

CD

Thai yellow curry with Jasmine rice. The Scotch Bonnets on the rice were just garnish, no way was I eating them!!

Thai yellow curry with Jasmine rice. The Scotch Bonnets on the rice were just garnish, no way was I eating them!!View attachment 45802

I put habaneros/Scotch bonnets whole, with a small slit cut in them, in things I'm cooking, and take them out when the cooking is done. Basically, like you would with bay leaves. They are too hot for me to eat.

CD

I put habaneros/Scotch bonnets whole, with a small slit cut in them, in things I'm cooking, and take them out when the cooking is done. Basically, like you would with bay leaves. They are too hot for me to eat.

CD
I do the same when making pickled onions and it's still quite a challenge to eat the onions!

I do the same when making pickled onions and it's still quite a challenge to eat the onions!

I wish I could share a few of the cayenne peppers I have growing in the backyard. I never now how hot they are going to be, from season to season, until I get brave stupid and eat one. The ones I have now are seriously hot.

CD

I wish I could share a few of the cayenne peppers I have growing in the backyard. I never now how hot they are going to be, from season to season, until I get brave stupid and eat one. The ones I have now are seriously hot.

CD
I have serrano pepper plants growing, and they are starting to sprout peppers. The first one turned fully red before I started seeing any others. Now, I have 10 pinkie-sized peppers between my two plants. But, I consider serrano peppers to be a manageable heat (5000-15000 on the Scoville scale, vs 30,000 - 50,000 for your cayenne peppers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom