What did you cook today March 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niemela23

Veteran
Local time
12:26 AM
Mod Edit: Each Month, we will start a new thread called "What did you cook today?"
It is for you write up what you have eaten on that day. As simple as that. The thread is simply to show what you have cooked and eaten because it varies so much from person to person and from country to country. Feel free to cover any meal or snack that you have eaten.

It is not for the recipe, that can be written up separately if you want to (which would be great) and if you have a picture/photo, not matter what the quality, of your plate of food, that would be fantastic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seafood and smoked salmon risotto - the seafood was a 'snack pack' from the supermarket, and the smoked salmon was some that NT was given by a client last week.

'NT'?

Hmm. Today.

Well, earlier, I cooked a quick frozen pizza, but I went all out on the salad I had with it. I made a broccoli, kale and brussel slaw, added some diced onion, chopped fresh wax beans (I found that these added a rather unexpected yet VERY nice touch, I don't use them often), minced fresh garlic, dried cranberries, chopped cashews, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, and tossed it all together with a honey dijon dressing. Dynamite. I'd call it a 'Superfood Slaw', lol.

I was out and about running errands all day and evening, so I haven't had my dinner yet (it's going to be a very late one), and when I do, I won't actually be 'cooking' it... I'll be trying out one of the homemade meat pies that I made last night (so that I wouldn't have to make them tonight, lol. Will let you guys know how hey turned out in a more suitable thread later on. It was my first time making them).

Tomorrow is another day... :) Am thinking of doing up a pot of chicken and dumpling stew with some green lentils I found at my 'usual' grocery store today (will be a first for me, using green lentils in a stew, also. Will keep you guys tuned in additonally if this happens, in, once again, a more appropriate thread). More winter food! Yummers! :chef:

I cooked a "bung it" soup.

It was basically 2 medium onions, 2 roasted red peppers skins removed, 1 large sweet potato, 1 half of an old butternut squash, 250g of red lentils and 50g tamarind dates soaked and put through a sieve, plus 1L of veg stock and more water as needed, 1 stick of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg and 1/2 tsp turmeric. It was served with some marinated tofu (white wine vinegar, tamari sauce and garam masala) and a wedge of homemade sourdough bread with linseeds.

It was very tasty.

Stuffed Bell Peppers!
All you need is Spanish rice, onions, tomatoes, cheese, beef, and of course bell peppers. Its always best to get the freshest green bell peppers available since that is what will be the main highlight of the dish!
However you can also just make the stuffing on its own and layer it in a casserole dish with cheese for those picky eaters that aren't a big fan of the pepper. Its almost like a lasagna that way.

Since it is not quite 6 am, I haven't choked anything yet today. So I'll tell you what I cooked yesterday. For breakfast I made myself a green smoothie and made the kids oatmeal. For lunch they made sandwiches and I made a spinach salad with toasted turkey, tomatoes, artichokes, and avocado. For dinner we were supposed to have beef chunks and veggies but I burned the beef chunks and instead I fried up some ground beef. I had that with the veggies and my family made it into tacos. It turned out pretty good.

I'm currently cooking steaks in my nuwave oven. I seasoned them with simple salt and pepper. On the side onions and peppers in olive oil, gluten free macaroni and cheese, and frozen corn on the cob.

Today's meals are going to be very simple, since I don't feel good. For breakfast we had cereal and fruit with a glass of orange juice. For lunch we are going to have tuna and for dinner we are going to have spaghetti, garlic bread and salad. These are my favorite go to meals on days like today.

Oh my, reading this is making me hungry! I tend to cook a bunch then eat for several days from what I have cooked. Yesterday I roasted a couple of chickens with vegetables (sweet potatoes, cabbage, onions, mushrooms). I raised/grew everything but the mushrooms. Today we will have chicken salad and greens for dinner. Today I will boil the bones in my pressure cooker and make broth for soup tomorrow.

I cooked a chicken stew, some white rice and pickled cucumber. No pictures as I put what I intend to eat in a flask. Oh how I hate eating from a flask.

I failed with my menu today. I had to soak some beans yesterday in the evening, but I forgot. Right now I'm trying to make up for it with freshly baked bread and green peas stew.

tmp_8283-20160318_195324-18850093.jpg

God I love these things.

(This makes it my first what did I cook today post :D)

Does food processing count as cooking? This morning I made Honeydew Banana smoothie. I had leftover and takeout from yesterday, so I didn't get to cook main entree for either lunch or dinner. I ended up cooking bok choy with garlic, mildly spicy braised tofu, and chicken carrot ginger soup for dinner.

Stir fry garlic broccoli, Char sui pork belly, sticky rice, shrimp and bok choy stirfry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom