What did you eat/cook today (February 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to our local pub for lunch, I had the cheesy burger, brioche bun, their own made beef burger, lettuce, tomato, gerkhin and cheddar cheese served with chips and slaw :hungry:

My husband had the brekkie burger, a pork pattie, bacon, fried egg served with chips and baked beans.

View attachment 5247

We are now sitting on the sofa digesting.

Those a BIG chips!

Those a BIG chips!

They are, neither of us finished them. We don't usually have such a large lunch but it was an early start to the day and we were both hungry, we also have a light meal for this evening. Neither of us are hungry just yet after eating that :laugh:

Clean out the frig Saturday.
Roast, potatoes, baked beans, Enchiladas and Mexican rice.

For breakfast I am having porridge, more milk and less cooking time than stated on the packet, just about right.

Steak and kidley pie with a little onion/garlic gravy and a little Yorkshire dhal (mint sauce was incorporated into the dhal during reheating).

S&K and mushies 1 s.jpg

Steak and kidley pie with a little onion/garlic gravy and a little Yorkshire dhal (mint sauce was incorporated into the dhal during reheating).

View attachment 5248
Is that a Fray Bentos Pie? I have bought some and I'm going to start a thread/review (which I hope you will join in). I've cooked one so far and photographed it - but didn't photograph the filling. There were only about six small pieces of meat and the rest was gravy! Your's looks quite full of meat... tomorrow I'll cook another one and show it minus pastry lid.

Is that a Fray Bentos Pie? I have bought some and I'm going to start a thread/review (which I hope you will join in). I've cooked one so far and photographed it - but didn't photograph the filling. There were only about six small pieces of meat and the rest was gravy! Your's looks quite full of meat... tomorrow I'll cook another one and show it minus pastry lid.

No it was a locally made pie (1/3rd the price of Fray Bentos). However, the penultimate FB I attempted to cook in the useless oven, the pastry was a failure (insufficient heat) so I binned the pastry and ended up with this....

FB without pastry.jpg

Probably more that six pieces but not much.

I had fresh pasta and sauce with additional vegetables added. Nothing exciting but freshly made tomatoes sauce makes all the difference.

My husband has stuffed 2 chicken breasts with haggis left over from Burns Night then wrapped in thinly sliced pancetta

P_20170205_165314.jpg

These 2 parcels of loveliness will be served with roast potatoes, carrots and peas

P_20170205_165705.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom