What do you cook on the grill when out camping?

I have never went camping with just a tent and a grill so this will be a first for my family. What can you cook on a grill besides the obvious? This is so new to me so any help would be appreciated!

Early this month we went camping for an overnight stay in a mountain resort. We slept in tents. Of course, barbecue was the main course for dinner although we also have other dishes that we brought along. It was a blast particularly with the high schoolers who joined us. Those young people were playing games until the wee hours. That event was for the birthday celebration of my niece.

Roasting beef or chicken. I love eating roasted meat very much. When my family plans to go out camping, we carry raw meat with us for frying and roasting. I also like roasted potatoes and bananas that are not fully ripe.

Pretty much anything that you cook at home you can cook on the grill. We usually do potatoes, veggies and chicken, pork or steak. We love cooking our breakfast on the grill too. Food tastes so good when you cook outside. The ideas are endless. We do a lot of camping so we are always trying to come up with new ideas so we don't become bored with our meals. Fish does taste awesome on the grill but I am not a big fish eater. It is not one of my favorite things but will eat it if I have to. The times I have had it though it has been quite cook.

Back
Top Bottom