What do you eat for breakfast?

My wake-up beverage is black tea with a bit of sugar and a fair amount of very light cream. During warm weather, I tend to have Greek yoghurt with fresh fruits or nuts & honey, or some cottage cheese with strawberries or cantaloupe. During cold weather I favor oatmeal, either old-fashioned rolled if I'm in a hurry, or more often steel cut oats. I'll make a big batch of those for four servings, eating one right away and put three in the refrigerator in portions. Oatmeal often gets walnuts and honey, or some brown sugar, or dried fruits like cranberries or cherries.
How wonderful your breakfast is! Maybe it will make me slim.:laugh:

I like sandwich,too. But I have no time to do it, because I always get up late.:facepalm:
You can make several at one time. When hubby was still working, rather than retired and underfoot as he is now (yes, honey, I do love you), I would assemble a number of breakfast sandwiches at once. The varieties: a bagel or English muffin with bacon or ham or sausage patty, fried egg, some sort of cheese to glue it together - American, Fontina, processed cheddar (real cheddar doesn't melt) or some other kind he liked. Keep one (or several, for the week) in the fridge for tomorrow's breakfast,and freeze the rest. When you need one, microwave on medium-low (power level 3 or 4 if the max power level is 10) for a minute while you get your travel mug of coffee ready. I'd also make scrambled eggs with finely chopped ham, or finely chopped and sauteed mushrooms, or even just nice seasonings like fresh chives or a commercial seasoning mix, then seal them into a tortilla flat folded in half and sealed with melted cheese. You see cheese figures heavily into these so that the contents stay in place. If you need to watch your cholesterol level...well, sorry.

You can make several at one time. When hubby was still working, rather than retired and underfoot as he is now (yes, honey, I do love you), I would assemble a number of breakfast sandwiches at once. The varieties: a bagel or English muffin with bacon or ham or sausage patty, fried egg, some sort of cheese to glue it together - American, Fontina, processed cheddar (real cheddar doesn't melt) or some other kind he liked. Keep one (or several, for the week) in the fridge for tomorrow's breakfast,and freeze the rest. When you need one, microwave on medium-low (power level 3 or 4 if the max power level is 10) for a minute while you get your travel mug of coffee ready. I'd also make scrambled eggs with finely chopped ham, or finely chopped and sauteed mushrooms, or even just nice seasonings like fresh chives or a commercial seasoning mix, then seal them into a tortilla flat folded in half and sealed with melted cheese. You see cheese figures heavily into these so that the contents stay in place. If you need to watch your cholesterol level...well, sorry.
You are so making me look forward to 5 years from now. (Not.)

You are so making me look forward to 5 years from now. (Not.)
If yours is retiring as he had planned, probably no issues. Our problem was that mine got laid off three years before he wanted to retired. The first two years he was ummmmmmmmm - difficult to live with. The third year we walked on eggshells while he was waiting out time to go on full social security benefits. Once he hit 66, it's been better. Not as perfect as when he was gone 10+ hours a day, but better. What we both failed to realize for the longest time was that his lay-off impacted me and my schedule at least as much as it did his. You'll probably do fine.

During the week just hot strong tea [with milk and sugar] but at the weekend it's the full English + black coffee and maybe a croissant

20170620_091048.jpg

An experiment nearly gone wrong. A sandwich make in my new Gotham steel pan. It included..ham, onion, sweet peppers, egg and all roughly chopped and combined.

Last edited by a moderator:
t looks like it went right to me! What is the Gotham steel pan?
A slice of the bread was broken when I did the cut out. I tried to hide it. The Gotham Steel pan is made with Titanium and Ceramic. Claims you need no oil or butter. I see the ads all the time but I did not realise my husband had ordered one. He should have told me because I only see one and the ads offer two for one and "twenty in between." Those ads that over sell.
https://www.amazon.com/GOTHAM-STEEL-inches-Non-stick-Titanium/dp/B018T909XG

A slice of the bread was broken when I did the cut out. I tried to hide it. The Gotham Steel pan is made with Titanium and Ceramic. Claims you need no oil or butter. I see the ads all the time but I did not realise my husband had ordered one. He should have told me because I only see one and the ads offer two for one and "twenty in between." Those ads that over sell.
https://www.amazon.com/GOTHAM-STEEL-inches-Non-stick-Titanium/dp/B018T909XG

Does it live up to the claims, in terms of not needing oil?

Back
Top Bottom