What do you guys think of Ramsay's Beef Wellington?

deremkorgy

Über Member
Local time
1:09 AM
I remember making this with my parents during Christmas a few years ago. It might sound like i am exaggerating but I remember it as being the best home cooked meal I've ever had. Granted my mom did most of the work, but it was delicious. Have any of you guys ever tried making it? I tried making it a few weeks ago but I messed up on the seasoning (I was getting salt off of a cup for some reason, I managed to trip and drop about a full cup of salt into the steak, which obviously made it very, very salty).

When I did it right though I remember it being amazing.

I'm not sure if this is a "recipe" post, but here is the recipe just in case

https://www.gordonramsay.com/gr/recipes/beef-wellington/

I remember making this with my parents during Christmas a few years ago. It might sound like i am exaggerating but I remember it as being the best home cooked meal I've ever had. Granted my mom did most of the work, but it was delicious. Have any of you guys ever tried making it? I tried making it a few weeks ago but I messed up on the seasoning (I was getting salt off of a cup for some reason, I managed to trip and drop about a full cup of salt into the steak, which obviously made it very, very salty).
Yes this recipe has worked really well for me. On one occasion I got pastry too thin and it fell apart on carving, otherwise it's been reliable and is a fairly easy way of turning out a very impressive dish for a special occasion.
When I did it right though I remember it being amazing.

I'm not sure if this is a "recipe" post, but here is the recipe just in case

https://www.gordonramsay.com/gr/recipes/beef-wellington/

This is like a classic Beef Wellington but he uses Parma Ham instead of the thin pancakes in the classic recipe. I am sure it would be good - but I haven't tried it. Parma ham wrapped around all sorts of things tastes great when baked!

I've never made beef wellington with parma ham. Our parma ham has never lasted long enough to make it to sunday dinners. Not with so many hungry mouths around. We normally follow his recipe but omit the ham altogether. It's always been one of those meals that make me think of our extended family since its a tradition to do this meal when they come over! I love this recipe.

Back
Top Bottom