What do you top your chili with?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
8:41 AM
Chili is one of those foods that tastes even better with a topping. For me, I enjoy adding cheese, sour cream and a bit of crumbled crackers. This mixture is rich and delicious.

What do you top your chili with?

th?id=H.5018825100822298&pid=15.jpg

While most people will say cheese I personally don't enjoy it that much. I LOVE cheese in all of it's formes but I just don't think it should be a part of chili.

I add sour cream and quite often I eat my chili with a side, usually rice.

Occasionally I like to top my chili off with a little bit of freshly grated cheese. I also really like to eat my chili by itself with no toppings on it. I sometimes like to dip my crackers in my chili as well. My husband likes to dip a peanut butter sandwich in his chili. He said the flavor of the peanut butter mixed with the chili is really delicious!

Cheese, whatever I have on hand, and some greek yogurt does the trick as toppings at my place!

Usually sour cream, sharp cheddar and green onion. I especially like shredded Monterey Jack or Cabo brand Habanero cheese if I have that on hand instead. Sometimes though, depending on the chili, I don't want anything creamy in it, I just want to enjoy it as is, so I may just go with a little green onion or cilantro instead for a little color. If the chili has a lot of beans in it, I don't mind the creaminess of sour cream and cheese but if it's got a lot of high quality meat in it, and expensive spices, I hate to drown those out with dairy products.

Some crispy match stick fries might be fun too, now that I think about it, or fried plantain chips.

I usually add a dollop of sour cream and some grated cheese. If I've made a mild chilli (which isn't very often) I will also throw on a handful of jalapeno peppers to give it a bit of a kick!

Usually, I'll top it with a bit of cheese and that's it. I recently topped it with sour cream and now I know what the hype is all about, lol. That was pretty tasty.

Sharp cheddar cheese is my topping for chili. I actually won't eat chili unless I have my cheese to.

I am really weird when it comes to chilly. I generally don't like it or won't eat it if possible. However, if I do I have to top it with a number of things. Which everyone looks around me amazement, because I add so much (unhealthy) things into it, it barely tastes like chili anymore. But that is the way I like it.

I like a dallop of sour cream, a couple tablespoons of ranch. I like a bit of salt on top too. But then I add a handful of cheese and chopped green onions. To top it off I crush up saltines and mix it in. That is the only way I can eat my chili and actually enjoy it. But by then it has a completely different texture, color, and taste.

I usually add cheese and a little bit of sour cream if the chili has a kick to it. My favorite thing to add to chili is corn chips. Hello Frito Chili Pie! Thanks everyone...now I'm hungry! :)

I like to add sour cream, freshly grated sharp cheddar, green onions and a dollop of hot sauce. Sometimes I will use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream to save some calories and fat but chili is one of my favorite foods so I usually don't skimp and save calories nights I make it.

Back
Top Bottom