What do you usually drink with dinner?

Local time
9:59 PM
Obviously for a question like this the possibilities are endless and most of us drink a lot of different things depending on what we feel like. But fire away and let me know what you like to have and why!

For me it's usually one of two.
Water. I always have water around, I like drinking it and I know it's good for me. The taste is obviously pretty neutral which is great when eating. Also I eat to live, not live to eat. So I guess the same goes with drinks.

or wine. I live in France so the selection of red wines is amazing. It's very cheap too and somehow elevates the meal to a whole new level. I never drank wine before moving here simply because it used to be 10 euros a bottle but now I regularly find myself having a glass or two with dinner.

I just drink water during and after I eat, we usually have our drinks before we eat here and are not big on drinking anything alcoholic while we eay unless we are eating out at a restaurant or some such place and then the drink varies depending on what type of place it is, for example if we go to eat sushi we will usually get a bottle of easy drinking white wine or if we go to have hamburgers we will beer or cider.

I pretty much always drink water. I'm not a big soda drinker and don't tend to crave a lot of other drinks. I do occasionally have tea, wine, or beer, if it happens to strike me to. On the rare occasion that I order hot wings while out, I'm likely to have a beer with that, for example.

I will usually drink water, or diet Coke if I have it at home. But as I know Coke is not good, I tend to buy it only once in a while and go with water instead. Or sometimes I don't even drink anything during dinner and will have a glass of water only after dinner. I find that doing that makes dinner lighter and the food to be digested faster.

I will usually drink water, or diet Coke if I have it at home. But as I know Coke is not good, I tend to buy it only once in a while and go with water instead. Or sometimes I don't even drink anything during dinner and will have a glass of water only after dinner. I find that doing that makes dinner lighter and the food to be digested faster.
Soda drinks may not be all that healthy but if you drink some sort of carbonated drink after dinner I find that it seems to help with digestion abit.

Soda drinks may not be all that healthy but if you drink some sort of carbonated drink after dinner I find that it seems to help with digestion abit.

If you have issues with digestion, you might want to consider drinking tea as well (or instead of the soda). Tea is known to aid in digestion, especially if you drink it warm. This is why it's often served before and/or after a lot of Asian meals.

Wine, wine or wine. Or very occasionally beer. Or if it is an alcohol-free evening, nothing.
I have found that beer is way too filling to be drunk with a meal or even shortly after it, some restaurants around here make use of that and sell a 500ml draught beer with a burger and chips as a special, of course afterwards one feels very stuffed and satisfied but I think it's mostly because of the beer.

I have found that beer is way too filling to be drunk with a meal or even shortly after it, some restaurants around here make use of that and sell a 500ml draught beer with a burger and chips as a special, of course afterwards one feels very stuffed and satisfied but I think it's mostly because of the beer.

I agree with this, and also, if you have a beer right after a big meal, it makes you very sluggish and bloats you up a lot. I also prefer a nice glass of wine after a good and hearty meal. The exception to this is when I have something very spicy, then a good draft is great.

This can be avoided by choosing a beer that is not laden with CO2. Or ditching the chips! Burger and decent ale is a great combo!

I usually just drink iced tea because it goes with pretty much anything! I know, it's full of sugar so I drink a lot of water during the day as well.

Wine, wine or wine. Or very occasionally beer. Or if it is an alcohol-free evening, nothing.

Haha, I like the way you think! Wine definitely does give a boost to pretty much any meal, though personally I'm not a big fan of white wine and some dishes just don't go well with red. It makes a meal seem a bit more special, I really don't know why but that's how it goes for me.

I agree with this, and also, if you have a beer right after a big meal, it makes you very sluggish and bloats you up a lot. I also prefer a nice glass of wine after a good and hearty meal. The exception to this is when I have something very spicy, then a good draft is great.
I usually dont mix beer with spicy foods, for me it seems to bring out the burn even more!. I will just drink water with it or if it's something that has jalapeno's I will have to drink some milk to neutralise the burn, that stuff is blazing hot. I enjoy eating them with nachos or something at my own pace.

Back
Top Bottom