What I Found In My Refrigerator/Freezer

We still have a few mystery packages in the freezer, but we have gotten much better at labeling, although that doesn't always work either. Last week, I had found a package of red stuff that had frozen in such a way that I could see sauce, but that's it. I figured it was our basic sauce that we make a large batch of and then doctor to suit for each dish, so I pulled it out to make pasta alla vodka. Nope, it was sub sauce, but it worked!

We're also bad at buying stuff on sale or impulse buying if we see something special, like the silkie chicken I bought a while back, and forgetting about it until we go freezer diving. I ran across the chicken last week, but already had a couple of chicken meals, but it's going on the menu in some form for the coming week.

I remember that and for some reason I was thinking yesterday that I'd missed what you did with it. So I look forward to seeing the result.

I'm thinking a white and black plate, Asian skewed with some kind of pop of color with a vege or fruit but I'm stuck on that for now.

IMG_0710.JPG

Here's a special edition of What I Found in my Refrigerator/Freezer. I decided to buy some vitamins on the way into work yesterday. The vitamin B-12 tablets turned out just fine.

But, this used to be a jar of gummy vitamin C chews. As you can see, I got a little science lesson: when you combine soft chewable things with 85°F (29°C) temperatures (and probably higher temps inside a black car interior), you get one giant gummy, all melted together.

My favorite bit? The name of the vitamin C tablet manufacturer is Vitafusion.

I just realized that I can probably salvage this. I have candy molds, which I've used to make gummy candies, so I can probably just heat it up and repour it. I will report back on how that goes (how well it works, and how severe my burns are from trying).

Back
Top Bottom