What if your favorite kind of leafy vegetables?

isabbbela

Veteran
Local time
8:40 PM
Hello guys!
While many people don't like vegetables, and like even less leafy vegetables, I actually really like them! I think they go great as a side dish for meats, as a pizza topping, as a standalone salad or even mixed with pasta!
If you don't enjoy leafy greens, I advise you to try to make some penne pasta with oil and garlic, then throw some arugula and cherry tomatoes and mix them in. It tastes amazing! Something I really enjoy as well is doing a spinach cream and either throwing it over a steak or a fish, or even as a side dish, making the cream more consistent.
Do you do anything different and delicious with leafy vegetables? Which ones are your favorites?

I do not know why ,but I really like Chinese cabbage...It is really good for making salads and I like the taste of it...I also like using iceberg salad...

I only just recently began my love affair with cabbage. I've never been a huge fan of sauerkraut (though my husband swears by his mother's homemade and home canned kraut and I do love it) and we never ate cabbage growing up.

I recently moved to an area of town that could easily be considered "rural" and many and local/personal veggie stands start popping up all around in peak season. I've been introduced to a lot of new and amazing local produce. There is a local apple farmer who comes in season and convinced to me to try cabbage, as it obviously shares it's peak season with apples.

I'm in love. I like it raw, I like it baked (with apples, which makes complete sense that the two would pair so well), I like it shredded fine and added to regular green salads, and I like it sautéed and used like onions in a hearty broth. I even grilled it last year and loved that. I'll post the apple/cabbage recipe I love below:

Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Ingredients:

• 1 medium head cabbage, coarsely chopped
  • 2 cups apples, sliced, peeled
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 cup of fine bread crumbs
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Preparation:
Drop chopped cabbage in boiling water and cook 3-5 minutes. Until slightly tender but still crunchy. Drain well.
Layer cabbage and apples in a 2 - quart casserole, sprinkling sugar and bread crumbs on each layer.
Pat top layer flat before adding last crumbs. Pour melted butter over top of casserole. Cover and bake at 350° For 45 minutes, or until hot throughout. Remove cover during last 15 minutes.
Miz Suzi's Note: We love this dish. My mom used to make it all of the time. I like to sprinkle a bit of cinnamon in the casserole. But cumin is good, too.
Shared by Miz Suzi
Yield : 4 to 6 servings.

I have to confess that I have a thing for kale crisps which I make myself. I currently have a batch of Teriyaki Kale crisps in the dehydrator...
But my favourite 'leafy veg' is by far and wide a very underrated 'weed' that people hate - namely the common stinging nettle. Yep - call me mad, or anything else but it is an excellent source of nutrients and far exceeds the nutritional values of typical leafy greens such as spinach or cabbage and best of all, it is seriously difficult to kill, grows wild and abundantly and no-one cares if you pick it!

You can use it in any recipe that called for any leafy greens and the 'sting' is gone the moment it is blanched in boiling water (but use rubber gloves up until this point!). It has a slight peppery taste to it, and also makes an excellent cordial and infusion (herbal tea).

I am a fan of spinach, wilted down or raw in sandwiches instead of lettuce. I also like kale and savoy cabbage.

Kale is without a doubt my favorite leafy vegetable. I use it in everything. Sometimes raw in a salad. Sometimes I will juice it. Other times I will toss it in a smoothie. I have never tried the kale crisps, but they sound interesting. Kale also has the versatility to be cooked into things. I will often use it in lieu of spinach in lasagna for example.
I eat it because I like it, but there is no denying that it ranks as one of the most nutritious vegetables.

I love spinach! My father used to grow it in his garden. I would always make spinach salads (my favorite), with tomato, egg, green pepper, onion, jalapeno, and some bits of chicken. It was amazing!

Hello guys!
While many people don't like vegetables, and like even less leafy vegetables, I actually really like them! I think they go great as a side dish for meats, as a pizza topping, as a standalone salad or even mixed with pasta!
If you don't enjoy leafy greens, I advise you to try to make some penne pasta with oil and garlic, then throw some arugula and cherry tomatoes and mix them in. It tastes amazing! Something I really enjoy as well is doing a spinach cream and either throwing it over a steak or a fish, or even as a side dish, making the cream more consistent.
Do you do anything different and delicious with leafy vegetables? Which ones are your favorites?
There is so many. I like spinach, kale, cabbage, and lettuce (to name a few). Spinach seems to be the one that we all like in this house, But I don't have a favorite, there all healthy.

I like kale and spinach as long as they are well seasoned. The only thing i don't like about eating them out is when bits get stuck in my teeth. Kale is also a good vegetable to use for a lasagna as well as it wilts down like spinach. Both are healthy, so I feel good eating them though I don't eat them as often as I ought to.

My favorite kind of leafy vegetables are spinach and lettuce. I just blanched my spinach and seasoned it with sesame oil and a dash of salt and sprinkle it with sesame seeds its simple and healthy too. My lettuce I always eat it raw for my vegetable salad. And also I eat fresh lettuce together with grilled lean pork cooked on ceramic plate over the stove. Then dipped the grilled pork in sesame oil with a little salt and chili pepper paste. A perfect combination and it is really delicious! :)

Back
Top Bottom