What is Rescue Remedy?

Dianemwj

Veteran
Local time
5:24 AM
I just thought of a question, what exactly is Rescue Remedy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just thought of a question, what exactly is Pimms and Pimms cup? Off topic a bit, but what is Rescue Remedy?
Rescue remedy is a range of homeopathic drops that you add to water,by one of the for front Doctors of the homeopathic scene Dr Bach,we have covered a
thread on healing foods ,when i find it I will copy you in,i went to a homeopathic doctor years ago with varying results:eek:

Bach's Rescue Remedy - It probably needs its own thread tbh, but it is one of a a range of remedies and this one is the 'emergency' one.

Rescue Remedy, Rescue Remedy Spray is the most famous of the Bach remedies, but in fact is not ‘a remedy’ at all. Instead it’s a blend of five different Bach Flower Remedies:
This mix was created by Dr Bach to deal with emergencies and crises – the moments when there is no time to make a proper individual selection of remedies. It can be used to help us get through any stressful situations, from last-minute exam or interview nerves, to the aftermath of an accident or bad news. Rescue Remedy helps us relax, get focused and get the needed calmness.

http://www.bachflower.com/rescue-remedy-information/

RescueBanner.jpg

Who knows if these remedies really work? There's no definitive proof. But it has been proven time and time again that placebo treatment can be 30 to 40% more effective than 'no treatment'. I saw an extraordinary documentary regarding treatment for irritable bowl syndrome. This wasn't an experiment to test the efficacy of placebos, but it was noticed that a much higher percentage of those taking placebos got better, than of those receiving no treatment at all. The amazing thing was, that several of the patients wanted to go on taking the placebo when the trial ended, despite the fact that the pills were simply sugar pills! In one case, a woman carried on taking them and every time she stopped, her symptoms returned!

Such is our power to heal ourselves! These Bach Flower formulas are harmless (unlike some other 'remedies' you can buy on-line). So, it might be worth giving them a whirl if you feel the need!

There are different thoughts on the use of homeopathic remedies
One is there has been little or no clinical testing , as with prescribed drugs
Homeopathic drugs worked for me
Though I had some trippy experiences at day one , but my gp was not very impressed !

Last edited:
Who knows if these remedies really work? There's no definitive proof. But it has been proven time and time again that placebo treatment can be 30 to 40% more effective than 'no treatment'. I saw an extraordinary documentary regarding treatment for irritable bowl syndrome. This wasn't an experiment to test the efficacy of placebos, but it was noticed that a much higher percentage of those taking placebos got better, than of those receiving no treatment at all. The amazing thing was, that several of the patients wanted to go on taking the placebo when the trial ended, despite the fact that the pills were simply sugar pills! In one case, a woman carried on taking them and every time she stopped, her symptoms returned!

Such is our power to heal ourselves! These Bach Flower formulas are harmless (unlike some other 'remedies' you can buy on-line). So, it might be worth giving them a whirl if you feel the need!

We can often convince ourselves of anything, once we put our minds to it, so I'm not surprised at the efficacy of placebos. I'd love to see a study on the effects of the pet version, that would be very interesting. I've had various effects with both western medicine and homeopathic treatments, but I'd definitely prefer something closer to nature with less side effects.

I'm quite a fan of Rescue Remedy and usually have a bottle in my handbag. It's handy to add to a small cup of water at work, right around the 3pm slump. It just gives you a subtle "lift" and takes the edge off any stress. I wouldn't call it miraculous but it does help a little.

We can often convince ourselves of anything, once we put our minds to it, so I'm not surprised at the efficacy of placebos. I'd love to see a study on the effects of the pet version, that would be very interesting. I've had various effects with both western medicine and homeopathic treatments, but I'd definitely prefer something closer to nature with less side effects.

I think there is some evidence that the placebo effect works with animals! Its to do with the way the person giving the placebo acts with the animal. I read somewhere that in trials where pet owners administered placebo drugs blind, these animals made a greater than average recovery compared to animals with no treatment. It is weird, I remember once that I cooked a meal for someone I knew had a lactose intolerance (@SatNavSaysStraightOn will hate this!). Later that evening I confessed that I'd put some cream in a sauce without thinking. He immediately said that he had been feeling bloated (a main symptom) but hadn't wanted to mention it. In fact, I was teasing him. Yes I know that's wicked:devil:. Obviously, I told him so, later. But not before he had rushed to the loo! I'm not saying, of course, that he wasn't lactose intolerant. Just that it was the power of suggestion, like placebos, in this instance.

I think there is some evidence that the placebo effect works with animals! Its to do with the way the person giving the placebo acts with the animal. I read somewhere that in trials where pet owners administered placebo drugs blind, these animals made a greater than average recovery compared to animals with no treatment. It is weird, I remember once that I cooked a meal for someone I knew had a lactose intolerance (@SatNavSaysStraightOn will hate this!). Later that evening I confessed that I'd put some cream in a sauce without thinking. He immediately said that he had been feeling bloated (a main symptom) but hadn't wanted to mention it. In fact, I was teasing him. Yes I know that's wicked:devil:. Obviously, I told him so, later. But not before he had rushed to the loo! I'm not saying, of course, that he wasn't lactose intolerant. Just that it was the power of suggestion, like placebos, in this instance.

:roflmao::roflmao::wacky: I find that hilarious!

Yes, I definitely believe in the power of suggestion. I can see someone acting differently with the animal, I'm sure I would, especially if I truly believed it would help him/her, because mine are basically my children, and I can't stand when they are sick or hurting.

Back
Top Bottom